So Dave is pretty set on Dino's formal name (although lets be honest, he'll probably be Dino for the rest of his life) - but I feel like we haven't explored enough. Please send me any boy names that:
a.) you like
b.) you wouldn't mind giving up
c.) go well with Aller
PEACE!
Dave and Sarah
16 comments:
how about "Dweezil" like frank zappa's son? it has a nice ring to it
Doug Doney...
since no one seems to be giving you any REAL ideas, here's a few that i think fit you guys...
1) evan
2) cameron (or cam)
3) oliver (dave will probably hate that one, but i think it's cute, although that maybe doesn't sound good with aller)
4) caleb
um, i can't think of anything else. and i'll be seriously offended if you don't use one of those. :)
Can I add another piece of criterea?
d) That anyone can spell and pronnounce properly
Having said that, my suggestions would be . . . well, lets just say that anything that doesn't fit option D should be tossed out on its retardedly spelled butt : )
(PS, no offense to whitney, but I lived with a girl for 2 years named Cameron and I always spelled and wrote her as "cam" becuase I could NEVER remeber how to freaking spell it! --I jsut took THIS spelling from Whitney's comment)
Although crazy, Moon Unit is easy to spell and say if you decide to go the Zappa route
Sorry, but again, Derrick is a fine name so long as you don't spell it Deyrek. . . just an example of what NOT to do if you want me to acknowledge that you even have a child : )
Good luck!
I think you should go with something that rhymes with Aller, like "Paller Aller" or "Zaller Aller."
I'll keep thinking, though.
I am on the same track as Jack--not rhyming necessarily, but alliteration. What about Allen Aller or Allan Aller or Al Aller or Alabster Aller. All fine names.
Did you know that you can visit http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/ to see the popularity of baby names in the U.S. by year of birth? For example, Suzanne was the 174th most popular baby girl name in 1982!
That being said, I vote for Isaac, Joshua, Finn, Julian, Blaine, Benjamin, Henry, Brian, and Jonah.
I also love Shannon for a boy, but I completely understand not wanting to be all, "No, he's a boy," for the next three years. Same for Tristan and Courtney. (Why am I a 19th century-set romance novel right now?!)
Oh, and also, Fabio.
Syd and Shelb think that you should go with Skeeter Aller. They are the name pros you know.
~Rob & Holly
There's a guy in our ward here (Villeneuve d'Ascq, France) named 'Dino'. However, it's pronounced d-ee-no as opposed to d-I-no (I don't know how you guys actually pronounce it though, because I keep in contact via email). Yeah, it's his actual name. I imagine that with a name like Dino, you'll be nowhere near #147 on the govt's lists. So, if you really want to hang onto 'Dino', now you know that it's not "uncharted waters"...
If I were to give you a list (an edited list with all of Laurie and my top names removed), it would be the following:
1. Sebastien (Seb for short)
2. Aubrey (would be a tough sell coming before Aller, plus it would take a big man...)
3. Taylor (this has become more of a girl's name now, and Taylor Aller sounds gay...)
4. Basil (there was a Basil in Laurie's class last year; the cutest kid ever--after Elliott of course...)
5. Alistair (a nice, stuffy name...)
Good luck!
I'm the humongous
Pretty much anything you can add-inator to. Such as
Jackinator
Sarinator (naturally that was added to the mother's name for emphasis)
Jonah
Luke (Lukers)(Lukinator)
Jacob JAKERS(personal favorite, not sure why)
Ethan (like on Lost......LOST)
Oliver (call him Ollie)(Ollie Oxen Free)
Oakley(I know one and he's super cute)
I mean I could go on and on...
But a personal fav woulod be Fernando..he'd already have a theme song. Thanks to ABBA.
I also know someone named Dino (dee-no). But he's Italian, not French. (relevant?) (no)
Alec
Barton
Colin
Dalton
Eben
Fletcher (my son's name)
Gavin
Harlan
...alright I'll stop going through the baby name book. (It's more fun than I'll admit)
Well, I'm thinking along the lines of Ethan. Not so much because I like the name, but because Ethan Aller reminds me of a nice comfy chaise lounge. Not so much because it IS a furniture name, but because it reminds me of it.
Now, if you really wanted to make me chuckle, you could just name him Chaise Lounge...
I have absolutely no advice on this topic. The idea of naming another human being is very intimidating...but no pressure :)
You CAN'T name him Ethan though otherwise he will get teased for the rest of his life. Try to avoid the teasing.
I bet that whatever you guys decide will be just right for him and he will grow into it no matter what.
Rowan
Post a Comment