Mine and Jackie Shafer's December b-day wish was granted - we wanted a Poetry Party, and Poetry Party we got! I know what you're thinking - lame, lame and lame. But it was pretty awesome. There was beatnik attire, snapping and drum playing. Poetry Heaven. The gist - we gave everyone poem definitions as a refresher (Haiku, Sonnet etc), and had them place random nouns in a bowl for us to draw out of. Each poem we did had to incorporate the nouns we picked, and we had to read each of them aloud. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. Here's a sample of a few of my poems.
Limerick (words: dreamcatcher, i pod)
I purchased an i pod today
A million songs it can play
Dream catcher
Potato smasher
I like sitting by the bay
Sonnet (words: cavity, applesauce, assistant to the regional manager, electrician, paint chip)
What do paint chips taste like?
Probably not very good.
If I got locked in our basement,
Would I consumer paint chips or wood?
Ah! Neither would I choose,
Our emergency storage I would peruse.
I’d start with applesauce
Maybe Tree Top or Motts
And finish with a little booze
But what if I get a cavity?
Would I have to remove my own tooth?
Like Tom Hanks in Cast Away –
I think I’d rather puke.
No thanks assistant electrician to the regional manager.
Hey - I didn't say it was good poetry.
4 comments:
Dream Catcher...Shmeam Shmatcher, Dream Cathcher... Potato Smasher
You just don't find more poetic words in all the English language.
You guys think you are so cool just because you can still hang out and I'm far far away!
You guys are out of minds. And I totally miss you. Shane and I are moving to Utah, okay??
>snap< >snap< >snap< >snap< yeaaaaaah man! : )
Post a Comment