Monday, May 19, 2008

8 months.


PG is 8 months. 18.5 lbs, 29" long and one ball of cute easygoing happiness - keep that in mind as I describe our fabulous weekend below.

I don't like to do "parent posts" because A) not everyone has kids. and B) I find them (the posts) boring....I feel I don't have a choice. This weekend was full of exclusive parenting "fun". So for some of you - this is what you get to look forward to, and for others, I'm sure you can relate.

Friday:
  • I ran out of diapers. As in I just took a dirty one off, and there's nothing to replace it with....except a size 1 from his "home from the hospital kit".
  • Preston has rebelled against any sort of sleep - which made for an awesome Dr. visit. I finally became one of those moms with an inconsolable child. He cried the entire visit, and for a few spectacular hours afterwards.
  • The "immunization fever/crankiness" followed shortly after his appointment.
Saturday:
  • We spent 1.5 hours picking out a booster seat. Why so long? The all look the freaking same. Thanks for your help Babies R Us employee. Man I hate that store.
  • PG decided it was time to come down with a cold + he's cutting another tooth.
  • As I'm getting PG ready for bath time, he peed on me. Point, aim, shoot - he's very accurate.
  • Dave and I played 4.5 hours of Mario Kart against strangers with names the likes of "Da Phire", "Ruffe, and "Drunk J". I found solace in the fact that the kiddo was in bed for the night and we couldn't go anywhere.
Sunday:
  • We are now sick with PGs said cold.
  • We decided to get some fresh air on a walk, and locked both sets of keys in the car.
  • Since PG can't breathe very, he wakes up in a tired, drunken scream as we are about to go to sleep - midnightish. I'm up till 3 am with nasal spray, nasal "squeegee", humidifier and crying baby.
Good thing you're cute Buster Brown. Love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, poor little guy...er...poor mom!

Lindy said...

He looks so mature holding his own bottle!

Suzanne said...

I'm raising my Diet Coke to you, mama. You deserve it.

Jackie said...

I feel like I need a nap after reading that. Convince PG that's a good idea and then take one yourself.

Lindsay said...

Oh man those 3 am squeegies are not fun! My boys and I just got over colds last week. I give my boys benadryl for congestion or robutussin DM for cough plus ibuprofen or tylenol. Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah about no medicine. That is what I say. Just put the kid out of his freakin' misery already! It really does help though and my pedi okayed it so you should check with yours!

Lindsay said...

Oh, and I forgot (you are going to think I just put a nipple on the medicine bottle after this!) if you give him some tylenol 30 minutes before the shots, it helps SO MUCH with their pain and crankiness and then just repeat the doses as directed for like the next 24 hours.

AnnaYoung said...

I got a pang of parental jealousy seeing PG hold his own bottle like that. . . but I guess she's 6 months behind him, so that's ok : ) sorry I've been slacking on mario kart! Why have we not been playing inDEED!

Hopefully you've recovered from your weekend! And parent posts are you perogative, if people don't want to read them, they wont, but you'll have arecord of your early parenting days : )