Sunday, July 13, 2008

progress.

The following conversation took place at the end of my Primary Class today (children ages 4 turning 5). Our lesson was on "Gratitude":

Me
: "Ok - so can anyone remember what the word gratitude means"?
Children: "I WANT MY NAME TO BE MARY FAIRY".
"Is it time to color yet? If it is, I'm only drawing Dinosaurs".
Me: "Class dismissed".
I'm grateful for making good progress.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Well, she has a point. Mary Fairy would be an excellent name.

Suzanne said...

I am writing Mary Fairy down to remember when and if I ever get pregnant.

Also, that kid has a point. DINOSAURS ROCK!

Lindy said...

Perhaps you should start focusing on the things they like--obviously this is dinosaurs and inappropriate pop music featured in children's movies.

Anonymous said...

Well I would be confused too if you were teaching about gratitude but talking about Mary Fairy.

Really, I still can't see the connection and I know the definition of gratitude.