Why? Why - with the stick figures and the pets, and the advertising how many children you have to strangers? "Hey pedophiles - I have a van chuck full of school age children. Please follow me home...."Also - note the astounding accuracy. I know most moms wear triangle dresses and most dads have spaghetti hair. The other day I saw one of these where every member of the family was wearing a Mickey Mouse hat......Mickey Mouse. That's the statement you want to make about your family? Do they wear said hats all the time? What does that even mean?
I wonder if they make mom ones with baggy eyes, wearing sweats and hooked up to a Diet Coke IV?
6 comments:
This is the only one that I would ever put on our car...
This phenomenon is widespread in California, too. I'm pretty sure Utah Mormons brought it here, though.
The ones that REALLY kill me are the ones that have everyone's names underneath the dorky little stick figures. So now the Creepy McPedophiles not only know WHERE to find the children, but ALL THEIR NAMES. UGH! Did these people not see the same 20/20-Dateline-esque show I did that strictly instructed America never to display your children's names on their clothing, backpacks, etc.?!
JOHN STOSSEL WAS NOT KIDDING, PEOPLE!
Suz--I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I can't believe people give so much free information about their kids to strangers!
I see those all the time and I don't understand...I have seen one that is turtles, which was slightly better, but still rather confusing. And I agree--the ones with the names are even worse. Why, oh why, would a sane person advertise names like that? Seriously!
I think I might get this one...
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/pages/meet-the-ass-family.html
(Don't view if you have sensitive sensibilities!) =)
Yes, I have seen this with turtles, people, and my least favorite, flip flops.
This, to me, is right up there in lame/tackyness as giant vinyl stickers that say "In Memory Louis Jesus Ramirez 1980-2000" on the back on pick ups.
Yes, they were common in Phonix.
Post a Comment