Monday, October 20, 2008

someone's gotta say it.

I cannot remain quiet anymore. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about the Dugger family? Right now they are a family with 17 children and another one the way. Despite my objection to their views of birth control, there are other serious issues that need to be addressed:
  1. All the girls' perm their hair.....and keep it long....because their dad likes it.
  2. All the kids' names begin with the letter J.
  3. All of the kids are home-schooled.
  4. One of their favorite dinners is called "Tater Tot Casserole".
  5. The dad's name is Jim-Bob.
  6. They are a family orchestra.
  7. ALL the boys share one room, and ALL the girls share one room.
Before this post, I promised my beloved spouse that I would never again visit the Duggar family website, nor would I speak their name (he accuses me of getting too fired up). Obviously the jig is up, but this is the last time I shall utter their name....I promise.

9 comments:

Lindy said...

I have it on good authority that you also perm your hair--it's just too thick to hold the curl. Wait to try to throw us off the bait, though.

Rin said...

I had never heard of these people, but WTF?! I mean, I guess to each their own...but really

Suzanne said...

Sarah, if you ever really need to talk about the Duggars again, feel free to give me a call. Because I'm right there with you. RIGHT THERE WITH YOU.

Let's not forget that their kitchen is covered in an awning that says "Duggars' Diner and Deli."

Also, tater tot casserole? TATER TOT CASSEROLE???!!! (A recipe that you can get on their website, btw.)

Seriously, call me. Anytime.

Suzanne said...

P.S. I'm not trying to break up your marriage or anything, but have you seen this page on their website? I have no friggin idea what "operational definitions of character qualities" means, but that's what the Duggars are studying at 1:30 pm each day. FYI.

HunnyHull said...

Ok I had no idea what you were talking about so I looked them up online and after spending about 30 seconds on their side I got the heebee jeebees so bad I had to close the tab. Seriously something wrong there. Are we sure the dad isn't a pedophile?

Katie and Bryson said...

That sounds like a lot of people that live near me in Colorado City, except the 17 kids come from more than one mom.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the people who really should use birth control don't? It just doesn't make sense! Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? Most of it sucks, but an interesting theory is presented in the first 10 minutes...These people are yet another example of why that theory is easy to imagine.

Unknown said...

you arent going to believe this...but i sat in awe and wonder tonight WATCHING this show on TLC. It was like a giant pioneer train wreck. I sat there, rocking Brigitte, promising her that I would never ever let her hair get that ramen noodley.

*shudder*

AnnaYoung said...

I'd just like to point out that the family has no debt. None. And they all have family meals together and their oldest are goign to college.

Yeah they dress a little funny. But I still maintain the 80s was a horrific blot on fashion's history.

I WILL, however, totally agree with you on the name thing. I hate that.