Wednesday, October 1, 2008

vote or die.

My night has been super annoying, so I may as well add to the flames. Here goes.

I hate politics. Well, more specifically, I hate it when people discuss politics - with me, with each other, on TV, on Facebook - anything. You're not going to change my mind, and I'm not going to change yours. If I want your opinion, I'll ask. I also hate the whole making fun of candidates, and kitchy candidate paraphernalia (bumper stickers, shirts etc). Really America? That bumper sticker TOTALLY made me reconsider. Do your duty and vote. Done and done.

I think a good alternative would be some sort of giant chart (maybe of the pie variety?) to compare candidates. That way I don't have to listen to any bickering.....

Bottom line, South Park said it best. "Stan, don't you know? You'll always be voting between a giant d#$%^ and a turd sandwich."

Also - remember P Diddy's "Vote or Die" campaign? I miss the good ol' days.

9 comments:

Katie and Bryson said...

Actually, whoever has the most votes may or may not win...there's that whole thing with the electoral college.

the Allers said...

Dear Katie.

I know.

Katie and Bryson said...

Of course you know. It's just one more annoying thing about the political process...
But one clarification: Are you I knowing Breaking Dawn as well or is that just in response to this? I am interested in your stance on that one -- pro or con? I enjoy your unique take on things.

Lindy said...

Dearest Doughty,

I am planning a political intervention (or maybe we should call it an imposition) at your house this weekend. Rest up!

Ex, oh, ex, oh
Jones

Jackie said...

I get tired of the snooty bumper stickers that are supposed to help me make up my mind... perhaps I'm just not their audience?

Yesterday, however, I did see a bumper sticker with a tie-dyed peace frog, and it did help me make up my mind about peace frogs. (Those are still around???)

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wisdom of South Park. Matt and Trey are geniuses, it's true.

Suzanne said...

I didn't like politics until very recently. This must mean I'm getting old and crabby.

Ugh. I hate it when I turn into the people I make fun of...

michelle said...

You should see the beautiful backsides of cars around SF. I promise to try and take some pictures.

SuburbanZoo said...

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to talk to you about politics. See here: http://dellschanze.blogspot.com/2008/09/3-top-issues-and-who-superdell-really.html

Vote for Korihor! Oops, I mean Superdell!