- If your spouse calls you from work and tells you he's buckled over in pain, you may want to take him seriously (sorry babe - sometimes you're a wuss when it comes to these things).
- All "InstaCares" close by 10pm at the latest, hence your only option is the ER.
- If your spouse says, "I think I can wait until morning" (and you're both quite certain its a kidney stone) use your better judgment and just go to the damn ER.
- When your spouse wakes you up @ 1 am with screams of pain, you might want to consider going to the ER, instead of letting him convince you he can still wait until morning.
- At 3:30 am, when your spouse turns on all the lights and is running around the house like a chicken with its head cut off - that's the point of no return.
- The ER is an awesome place for a toddler. And by awesome I mean a disaster. An absolute disaster.
Yes, it was a kidney stone, and it has completed its tour of duty.


8 comments:
WHAT?!?!?!?!
Oh MAN. Lessons learned indeed! I'm so sorry you had all that drama rama. I hope Dave remains stone-free.
We would have watched PG for you if we'd been in the same state! But since we were unavailable you should have put him to work administering medicines to other patients and taking their blood pressure.
Yes, clearly PG is in for a career in medicine. He looks quite at home in the hospital environment.
Sorry about the kidney stones! I think I'll try to skip those.
Ooooh, not good! What is it with men thinking they're okay when they're not? I hope that you guys don't have to go through that again!
What a helpful little tot PG is!!
Did they let you keep the kidney stone?? Then you could have kept it on hand to show to dinner guests and neighbors and home teachers... just think of the awkward humor possibilities!
That is horrible! PG sure seems to be in a chipper mood for what, 4 in the morning? What a funny baby.
Maybe PG can hang out with meenxt time I'm in a hospital and re-arrange all the furniture and adjust it so its more "homey". It might make me feel better.
I love the feety pjs.
PS. Dave, seirosuly, you can wait until morning?! I'm just glad your innards didn't explode. THank goodness it wasn't an appendicitis.
Dave! I am so sorry! I hear those are so painful!
I've heard that the only thing more painful than having a kidney stone is having a baby. My commiseration Dave!
Post a Comment