D, PG and I were picnicking at a park adjacent to an elementary school. The kids were out on the field playing with one of those giant parachutes. We started reminiscing about the elementary days when we got to play with such things in gym class. Then I brought up a unit we did on juggling.....juggling. We didn't juggle pins, or balls. We juggled scarves.....scarves. Yes, the traditional American pastime of juggling florescent pieces of cloth, a necessary skill.
Dave never had such an activity during elementary PE. But he did mention something about a giant cage ball......
6 comments:
We juggled scarves! It's when I lived in Oregon, so perhaps those Western states are just preparing us for small-town rodeos and sideshows.
I know it's not the same, but we have one of those parachutes at our house.
Um...did I miss something? How does one juggle scarves? I'm so confused.
I love the giant parachute. Oh the carefree days of elementary school. I say we start a petition for recess to be reinstated in the adult realm.
Sarah, I think we all need to see a video of you juggling some scarves. Stat.
Hey--if we have seen Bubbles jump rope, I believe a scarves juggling video is only fair. STAT.
And I do love the parachutes. When I was in elementary school our gym teacher loved that song, "Put me in coach. I'm ready to play, today." I don't know what it's called, but there are some lyrics for you. He would act it out in the sidelines while we played.
GIANT CAGE BALL!!! We had one too!! It was AWESOME!!! One of the games I remember was cookie sheet where coach would basically chase us around the small gym rolling it in front of him trying to flatten us with it. It was sweet to have it roll over you. And yes, parachute time was another favorite. I don't know about you city slicker and your silk scarves...
Post a Comment