Friday, May 1, 2009

lessons learned.

  • Going to bed at 3am has the potential for the worst Friday ever.
  • I think I might have the Swine Flu. Maybe I should go the hospital, wear a mask and go on the Today Show and denounce traveling......
  • My child is currently talking on a cell phone and whilst vacuuming the floor. Pretty sure he's more productive than I am, and better at multi-tasking.
  • There was a lady bartering over the price of mangoes in front of me in line at the supermarket. She spoke broken English, and I couldn't decide if that was a deterrent, or part of her brilliant plan to get mangoes for literally pennies. Either way, I wanted to say "This is Target. We don't barter at Target"
  • At story time this week, I brought my secret weapon M&Ms to keep the child occupied. I got death looks from the other moms. Apparently toddlers are only supposed to eat hippie crap. Who knew?
  • Our 6 year anniversary is tomorrow. I'm ancient.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I feed the boys chocolate chips - ohhh - almost every day. After breakfast, I bathe them one at a time in the sink. I give them the chocolate chips so they will be good. Dallin crams them in his mouth as if he were playing "fluffy bunny." So I have to help pace him. =)

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Happy Anniversary! :) 6 years for us in august - so you're not ancient alone -

Jackie said...

Happy ancient anniversary. Ask PG to feed you M&Ms for the occasion.

Lindy said...

Oh Happy Anniversary! I hope that your husband gets you a walking cane and some reading glasses. Or maybe a new vacuum or something. Those kinds of gifts are always well received.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

WOW! Happy 6 year anniversary! We are all getting sooo old Ü

Suzanne said...

Happy anniversary, oldie!

(Also, maybe it's totally acceptable to barter at Target. Maybe we just haven't tried. Maybe we could have been buying cheap mangoes for YEARS... I feel so embarrassed now.)

SuburbanZoo said...

Today I got told off for not skipping out on my church duties to come watch my kids say a prayer. Too bad we can't all be perfect parents.