Sunday, September 20, 2009

catching up.

So we've been gone. A lot.
1st stop: Boise.
  • PG and I conquered the drive alone. We stayed at Molls and Andy's the first night, and family the rest of the time. Except for my child getting Roseola, and the drive that = hell (I guess I've been through worse) it was an awesome time. Much love to B-town.
2nd stop: san fran.
  • D had a project to do with his bro Jared that lives in San Fran. It was a last minute gig, and sis in law Michelle found a fantastic last minute fare, so PG and I were able to go. (I think she invented the internet, or at the very least helped Al Gore.....). While the boys worked, Michelle and I had each other during what would have been a single parent weekend. It was awesome.

    Cousins at the Academy of Sciences.
If you look closely. One is without a shirt, and the other without pants. It was that kind of a day.


3rd stop: northern UT
  • We spent Labor Day with D's family. We ate fantastic food, and I convinced everyone to run the "Wellsville 10k fun run". Wellsville, you lie. This was anything but fun. It was a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day, kind of run. One where you just aren't feeling it. But I finished, and only wanted to die about 12 times. I can safely say that no Doughty has run that distance in at least 3 generations. Am I right? To quote my dad "Wait, you're running how long? Why? You should be swimming it....." D was awesome, and stayed with me the whole time AND D's sisters had very impressive finish times. Next Labor Day, I vote for sleeping in and pancakes.
    After the race was a parade to celebrate me finishing. PG hates fake gun shots......

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I am sooo jealous that you guys get to travel so much!!! What fun trips and cute pictures!!

Brock and Kristina said...

Sarah. You are seriously hilarious. Looks like you guys had fun....most of the time. :) Just wanted you to know I'm still here and still reading........write on!

Lindy said...

I love the cousin interdigitizing. Probably my favorite thing.

Jackie said...

Way to finish the 10k. It feels so good to finish it, but sometimes I think "Why did I do that?!"

Note: I plan to do another one next year. I have no idea why.