Tuesday, October 13, 2009

escape.

I decided it was time for a getaway minus the child. Last weekend we headed up to Park City for 2 days and stayed at the Westgate Resort. I planned on spending the whole time at the movie theater - seeing every movie possible, but instead we ended up eating junk food and watching HBO. An agreeable, and lazier alternative.

The first night we spent a good amount of time at Bandits. D lucked out b/c they were having an all you can eat BBQ special. I anticipated dinner would end when they threw us out, much like Homer getting kicked out of the Frying Dutchman. But he managed to stop after a respectable amount of red meat was consumed.The main reason for our hotel choice (which was meh - what 4 star hotel doesn't have free internet?) was the Serenity Spa located on the premise, where we spent most of our 2nd day. Whilst I was getting massaged, I was thinking of ways I could somehow work for these people in order to get a discount - yes, its that good. Receptionist maybe? If I became a masseuse and was hired, would it be weird for me to as a co-worker for a massage? I digress.

Other places we hit were Bankock Thai on Main, and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (RoMoChoFo), and of course - the outlet mall. All in all it was a great time. Thanks to Kathy, Kat and Kristin for watching my abandoned child. He was only mad at us for about 2 hours.....

6 comments:

northwesternbelle said...

Jealous!!! If you work at a spa, would you get me a discount too? I would totally drive to PC for it...

Lindy said...

Sounds dreamy!

Anonymous said...

um...pretty sure you have to go to school to be a masseuse, not sure though, check with out aunt who...is a masseuse.

the Allers said...

Dear Karene - you indeed have to go to school. Thus illustrating to what lengths I would go to to get a discounted massage at this spa. And said aunt does not work at Serenity, so selfish.

Lindsay said...

We are going on a similiar Anniversary retreat this weekend! We are staying in Salt Lake at the Grand America, massages there, Sunday brunch in the morning, go to Park City on the way back to Provo. I wonder if Bandits is still doing the special?

michelle said...

So happy you two got away.