Disney is offering refunds for Baby Einstein's DVDs in hopes of avoiding a major lawsuit. Apparently people bought these DVDs assuming they could plop their children in front of the TV and it would make them smarter. I have to say,
Really America? You really thought that your child would blossom in to a genius from these DVDs? OR was that just an easy justification for using the TV as a babysitter? If either of the above is true - Disney deserves your $$.
Does my child watch TV? Yes. Am I opposed to him watching Baby Einstein? No. But by no means would I expect it to make him smarter - its baby television. I'm just sorry I never purchased any...$15.99 per returned DVD!
6 comments:
We got a few as gifts and I may be sending them in.
My oh my... I'm guessing these parents were shocked when they caught their kids eating paint chips. So ridiculous.
Ha ha...that's really funny.
I thought that was so hilarious. Did they think that they would put down their baby, come back 30 minutes later, and carry on a conversation in French?
I for one still support baby Einstein. I babysat a one year old the other day. She did not sit still for anything (even tried Finding Nemo). Put on baby Einstein and she was hooked. Totally at her level.
Not that I am going to use it as a babysitter in the future, but it was a nice 30 minute reprieve before going back to tearing my apartment apart.
So if I bought a box set of about 25 from craigslist, I could be looking at some serious christmas cash?! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSsssssssssssss!!
She's since moved onto Cars anyway. Which is good and bad. Tyler's still waiting for her "looney tunes" phase.
Post a Comment