Monday, December 14, 2009

am I crazy?

I heart Christmas, I really do. But for some reason I have no desire to introduce the "Santa" concept to my children. My spouse thinks I'm crazy. I loved Santa as a child. No traumatic experiences here. Sure sure, I was disappointed when I found out the truth, but who wouldn't be? So I'm not really sure where this whole idea of "no Santa for my family" came from. Maybe it will help tone down the psycho about getting stuff, kids seem to be overrun with this time of year?Meh. Good thing we don't have to decide this year - PG doesn't even get the whole unwrapping presents thing.....still.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes you are crazy because you are giving up your black mail power: "If you aren't good, Santa won't bring you anything," or "I am going to tell Santa not to come if you don't start behaving." That is why we have Santa :)

Anonymous said...

Yes you are crazy. But not sure it has much to do with Santa.

darcie said...

nothing wrong with doing the santa thing but it's not in my plans. kjell thinks santa is just some happy man that likes christmas. i didn't believe in santa growing up and while i may never know what i missed, i just feel weird making junk up. again, i seriously don't think there's anything wrong with doing it, i just don't have any desire to.

Lindy said...

I must agree with Nichole. Today I said more than once, "Please don't make me call Santa and tell him you aren't listening." It's an effective tool.