Wednesday, December 2, 2009

christmas decor.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule in our HOA against unsightly/outlandish garnishments on your property. Personally I feel the giant blow up Mickey Mouse dressed in a Santa outfit that hangs out of few doors down fits the bill. I shudder - SHUDDER every time I see it. I'm sure I can lodge a formal complaint, and raise hell if I really wanted to. But instead I choose to take the high road, and in the Spirit of Christmas, just choose to quietly loathe Mickey and his owners. Nothing rings in the holidays like a Disney Character dressed as a fictional jolly man that embodies the commercialism we all enjoy this time of year.

2 comments:

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

I guess this means you should set up a life-size, glowing Nativity. Let's match tackiness with tackiness, eh?

Suzanne said...

Now, do they leave it blown up all day, or do they deflate it during daylight hours, so that it becomes a large, jumbled pile of unrecognizable plastic? (That's my personal FAVORITE.)