- I think the only lesson learned this week was: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TODDLER LOOSE IN THE CAR WHILE ITS RUNNING. This idea is infinity worse than Black Friday. Ahem Mr. Aller. To be fair, D had the keyless entry with him, but it won't work from outside the car while the ignition key is in use inside the car. Some sort of safety feature - whatever. It was 12 degrees outside and D left PG in the running car so he could stay warm while D got his carseat from a different car. As soon as I saw PG in the car, and it running, I knew we were locked out. KNEW IT. So we spent 10 agonizing freezing minutes trying to coax PG into unlocking the door. I think he pushed the lock button about 5 times, then played with the steering wheel, then pushed the lock button approx 1 million more times before he got the right one. I was laughing so hard I peed my pants, literally (thanks pregnancy - for NOTHING). D didn't even have a coat. That kid is lucky he's cute. We decided on the way home it was an agreeable end to my birthday.
Friday, December 4, 2009
lessons learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Allers... dear sweet Allers. Thanks to PG for pushing the lock so many times, thanks to Sarah for peeing her pants, and thanks to Dave for starting it all.
I put a housekey on my key ring becuase Clara locked me out of my house. It was horrifying. But in retrospect it probably would look funny I guess. Glad to know mine's not the only one who doesn't understand "UNLOCK THE DOOR!!!!!"
Sarah! That is HILARIOUS!! Things we have to look forward to in parenthood... right?? :)
How are you feeling?
Oh man! Sounds scary slash funny. Glad PG was able to keeps his wits about him and finally hit that unlock!
My bladder and your bladder should get together and go bowling.
Oh my gosh, that is the best story I've heard all crabby day long!!
I'm glad that PG didn't figure out how to put your car in drive (I can just imagine him thinking back on all the fun he had and saying to himself, "That was awesome! Next time I just have to figure out how to make it move!!").
Ha ha...hilarious and scary all at the same time! p.s. It was your bday? Hope it was super fantastic. :)
Post a Comment