Friday, January 15, 2010

lessons learned.

  • Sometimes when your spouse suggests things like "Maybe we should get a minivan" you break down in tears, because realize it won't be long until you've lost every ounce of your identity.
  • I made dinner every night this week, none of which included leftovers. I deserve a medal - of the gold kind.
  • 5 am wake up calls = whiniest toddler and grumpiest mom ever. Which = contemplating selling your child on ebay/checking yourself into a mental institution. Child, if you don't get a grip soon - you're going to regret it.
  • You know who looks like a damned fool? ME - pregnant and trying to work out in the kitchen. I don't think anything is graceful when you have a beer gut. Thanks giant mirror in our kitchen.....
  • Arrested Development and fruit smoothies can be the best date night.
  • Playing Candyland with a 2 year old may also make you want to check into a mental institution. Just FYI.
  • How pathetic is it when you noticed the voice of one of the characters on your child's favorite programs is a new actor? See bullet #1......

9 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Ha! You crack me up!!!!

the meyersons said...

Playing any sort of board game or anything alike, with a young child...will surly make you feel like a bad parent. It makes my neck tight just thinking about it.

michelle said...

Is it Leo on Little Einsteins?

the Allers said...

Nope - Tyrone from Backyardigans. Its on a new DVD Dave just bought. Ug.

Lindy said...

If you need a good game that invovles minimal parent participation other than saying, "awesome!" try SpongeBob Operation. We don't even put the pieces in for the Goose--she just practicing making the nose light up.

Unknown said...

Question: Why are you working out in the kitchen?

Kristin Wilkerson said...

I'm glad I confessed my blog stalking over the holidays so I dare comment now. I just caught up on your last few posts, hillarious. And congrats on the girl.

northwesternbelle said...

minivan = evil like the fruits of the devil...

AnnaYoung said...

Ok, TYLER is so on board with the mini van idea except that he hates mine here in Japan (and it's way awesome-er than anything we'd get in the states). If there was a minivan catalogue he'd subscribe to it like it was Victoria's Secret or something.

Two--crank up the heat in PG's room. Worked like a charm for an extra hour for clara! Course. . . I still wake up when she used too. . . but its a step!