Friday, February 5, 2010

lessons learned.

  • Has anyone heard of the this cereal called "Uncle Sam"? I'm obsessed with it. All it is, is toasted whole wheat and flaxseed. You can buy it at the hippie store for like $5, or Walmart for $2 (as much as I hate Walmart).
  • Beef jerky + fruit snacks, plus spinning your toddler = the perfect toddler puking storm and the worst night of my life.
  • Jogging. I went. My 7 months along body and Princess Awesome rebelled (apparently that's what we're calling her). Oh, but I'm going again. Even if I have to hobble around again the next day.
  • Haircuts. Turns your husband and child from neglected to acceptable in society in one hour.
  • As we all know D only wears Converse. FINE. But he has been requesting some new non Converse shoes. So we found him a dynamite pair of Diesels last Sat. He wore them once this week on Thurs. I'm so confused on many levels. Isn't is the code of new shoes that you wear them as soon and as often as possible? He won't admit it, but I know its because they aren't black, and he feels that nothing matches them. They are white. WHITE GOES WITH EVERYTHING.
  • I failed to mention last week that, yes I do our own taxes - for our own business. Which isn't Turbo Tax friendly. It involves filing 1099's for our contractors, and W2's, W3's, 940's and 944's for ourselves. DOUBLE the gold medals Phelps got I say. Double I say! Because I'm this close to punching someone in the face.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I get our groceries at the Wal-Mart. I have the following conversation with myself on repeat the entire time I'm there: Why the #$&@*! am I even in this pit of endless misery and woe? Oh, because it's 5,000x cheaper than EVERY OTHER grocery store... crap.

Tonight at the Wal-Mart, an old old old OLD woman felt the need to demonstrate her admiration of my baby by TOUCHING HIM ALL OVER.

I don't want to talk about it.

Unknown said...

Youre JOGGING??? (yes, Im yelling) My pregnant self is crying and jiggling at the thought. Surrender to princess awesome and please go eat a jar of nutella. You DO remember what post-partum body looks like correct? No ammount of jogging will keep it at bay. 15 pounds or 50 - it ALL sags the same :) Ive already gained my respectable 20 pounds. I plan on throwing an extra 20 on for good measure :) join me.

Lindy said...

I'll give you tons of gold medals for that tax prowess. Tons. And a pass on running.