Friday, April 9, 2010

lessons learned.

  • For our Easter feast we had 2 entrees - turkey and shrimp.....turkey and shrimp. Was it good? Of course. But I don't want to talk about it.
  • If you decide to paint a room - it will require approx. 100 trips to Home Depot.
  • If you decide to paint a room - your spouse will decide he needs to do a project too. It will bleed over into a 2 week process and consume every available space on the main floor of your home. Oh, and it will also require 100 more trips to Home Depot, then Lowes, then back to Home Depot.
  • Speaking of Home Depot, once a few of the letters on their exterior sign was out, so it spelled "Ho Depot". Pretty awesome.
  • "Nesting" for me = buying stuff we need, but not necessarily putting it together. Needless to say Princess Awesome will have a lot of work to do if she ever wants to sleep in her crib that's currently full of baby items. Sorry lady.
  • Took a hospital tour yesterday (we're delivering at a different hospital this time). I've been totally lax about baby #2, until now. That tour panicked me beyond belief. Maybe its b/c I know what to expect, not quite sure. Also - 5 weeks people, 5 weeks. You're free to panic too.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I've enjoyed a nice Easter shrimp.

Oh wait, no. Never.

PS- Which room are you painting? I hope it's PA's and I hope it's hot pink.

Lindy said...

I hope it's your kitchen, and I hope it's hot pink.

Oh man, oh man! Five weeks! Just imagine, in five short weeks you'll be able to shave your legs again, sleep comfortably, eat without paralyzing heartburn, and I bet you'll almost stop peeing your pans.

AnnaYoung said...

Lindy sleeps comfortably? that second child thing really is a myth like jackie said! I've been HAD!!
But seriously, I hope you're painting the bathroom and I too, hope the color is hot pink.

(PS Elena's bassinett had stuf in it literally until we came home and I had to put her in it. . . ehhhh)

MrsT said...

I can't wait to see Princess Awesome! I hope that you are painting the living room hot pink, I think it would go nicely with the couch:) Love your guts!

Suzanne said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that sometimes babies come three weeks early. So you might only have two weeks left.

You're welcome for that.

P.S. Levi's crib didn't even have a mattress in it until he was three or four months old. Cause his parents are clearly totally on top of it.

Ben said...

Good luck for your last couple of weeks! So excited for you!