We all text, or communicate in some manner that is electronic/world wide web nowadays (Facebook, email, gmail chat etc). I understand the occasional need for abbreviations. But more often than not, I find the latest and greatest "internet slang" ridiculous and annoying. Example - LOL, ROFL, OMG.....that sort of thing. I really, really can't stand it.
To make matters worse, I've noticed people have started using these in daily conversations. For instance, instead of physically laughing someone will actually say "LOL". It hasn't happened directly to me yet - just in conversations I've overheard. I can guarantee if it does happen to me, I will punch you in the face. Then most likely I will LOL.
8 comments:
What if someone teaches you what ROLFing is, so then you say it back to them to tease them? Say, a sibling? I think in those situations it's ideal.
I couldn't agree more!!
Oh, this made me "LOL" so hard!!! :) I can't believe someone actually SAID that!
amen sister
Yeah. Saying those words out loud is just wrong. In writing it is okay, but still weird. I would really like to see someone rolling on the floor laughing. In person.
Also, Jeff G. would like to get a hold of you... will you email me your email address?
That's really funny. I hope you have your baby soon if you haven't already. I think I'm ready to either a) die or b)have my baby.
agreed
Post a Comment