Here are the only pics we have so far.
Basically she's PG, but girl style and dark straight hair. She's nursed like a champ, and is currently getting an Echo on her heart to make sure we have no PG repeats. We love her!
For those that want the labor/delivery story - here's the skinny (its not too graphic): I started having contractions around 9am. Increasingly painful and frequent, we decided to get the hospital bag packed and PG taken care of (Kristin, I owe you a kidney). By 3 pm they were the kind of contractions that punch you in the face. And they were about 4 min. apart. Hospital time? (I had no idea since my water broke with PG, and I was only dilated to a zero.....zero). When all was said and done at the hospital, I was only a 3. After an hour of monitoring - still a 3. They said I could walk around, or go home. Uh, hell no was I going home - so we walked for 45 excruciating minutes. On our way back to the room, I saw my doctor! I asked her if I could schedule an induction for.....NOW instead of Monday (as planned) because they were going to send me home if I wasn't at a 4. She laughed and said to go tell the nurse I was ready to be checked again. I was a 4.5......Take that overly cheery nurse that wanted to send me home. Luckily her shift was over by the time I was admitted.
That was 6:20pm - finally admitted. By 7:30pm the epidural was in. And can I just say - that although that hour and 10 minutes waiting for pain relief was not unlike what I imagine Hell to be like - I didn't yell at my spouse, or swear at the nurse, or raise my voice in any sort. I just gritted my teeth and breathed for dear life. Once the pain relief was in place, I guessed we had a few hours ahead of us until go time. Wrong.
By 8:30 pm - 1 hour later, my nurse checked me again. I was a 10, and my water had broken. By 8:50 my doctor was there, and after 2 pushes, Elsie was born - and I only tore a tinsey, tiny bit. D and I were like - "uh, what the what just happened?" It was amazing and shocking all at the same time. Keep in mind - PG took 16 hours to get here, including 1 hour of pushing. Good grief.
All in all - it was just what I wanted. Going in to labor on my own, no pitocin, and my water breaking on its own. I got to experience real labor until I wanted the drugs. I had the pain medication for 1.5 hours, and can honestly say I'm not sure I could have done it without the pain relief in the end, at least without a little more training. Which now sounds horrifying. I will forever more plan on epidurals. If we have more kids. If.......
.jpg)
.jpg)
24 comments:
Uh... I love her. And your fast delivery. And her hair. And you guys.
You're both gorgeous. Congrats Sarah!
Three cheers for mama Sarah! She is beautiful! So happy for you all. Princess Awesome has no idea how amazing her new family is!!
Congratulations Sarah; she's darling!
Oh man I am SO HAPPY!!
Go Sarah! I'm so glad this labor was everything you'd hoped for. She is beautiful and I can't wait to hold her! Does PG believe that he has a sister yet or is he still in denial?
Oh I'm so happy for you and that you had such a good experience and all your expectations were met. Isn't it crazy when the delivery goes so fast the second time?
You both look beautiful. Can't wait to hold her in July.
Congratulations Sarah, Dave, and PG! She's beautiful...and a beautiful name.
Congrats - you both look too good for what you just went through :) What a darling baby, and I LOVE her name. So cute.
Congratulations!! And can I just say that you look really good for having just delivered? (I'm being serious too, and not just nice) And she is adorable.
Congrats Cousin! You did awesome and she is beautiful! Love all of you!
She is Beautiful!!! Good job you guys!! Hope you can get some rest!!
She's adorable! Congrats guys!
Hooray! She is beautiful! I'm glad labor went wonderfully. And hopefully now you are getting some sleep! Can't wait to meet her!
She is beautiful! So are you! Congratulations!!!
Holy fast labor, Batman! You are a baby-having machine!
She is perfect. I know that you went through a lot of work to get her here and everything, and you probably want to get to know her or something, but if you could send her to California as soon as possible, that would be fantastic. I think you have my address. Thanks so much.
She's mouthwatering! Congratulations! And you really do look fantastic.
I'm so happy for your new addition- she is darling! Good job mom!
Congratulations, Sarah! She's adorable - a great addition to your already lovely family.
This is Heather McDonald from the ward. So I was blog stalking, I will admit! What a great day to find your blog!CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! Let me know if you need dinners or something! 801-830-6696
Too cute! I'm stoked she's here. You let me know when you're up for another cousin dinner, bc I need to come meet your new little one and Jon and Nicole's new little one! So precious! I do so love little girls :)
What a darling! Congrats to you all.
Your daughter is so adorable. I am glad you had a short delivery. I wasn't surprised to hear that you had her that night after seeing you at the park. Let us know if you need anything.
Well done Mama Sarah!!!!!! Congrats lady, you are the pinnacle of strength. I walk into the hospital tapping my veins and begging for whatever drugs they're willing to give me.
Post a Comment