Monday, August 23, 2010

laziest weekend ever. ever.....ever.

No. 1 child has spent the weekend visiting his Grandparents in Northern Utah. I think its safe to say that he loves being up there so much that he would prefer taking up permanent residence with them. We were all supposed to go, but D had to work and his mom offered to take PG so we could recover from the worst week ever. (it really was).

So to all you parents out there with toddlers, WHAT would you do with all that freedom? Probably something productive, no? Here's what I/we did.
  • Sleeeeeeeeeep........
  • Wash/dry/straighten my hair
  • Laundry
  • Went to the movies
  • Watched some TV
  • Ate out a lot
  • Stayed up late
  • D played some Star Craft
  • I surfed the net/worked on some invites in Illustrator
Wow. I told D I was concerned that when we finally got a break, these are the things that sounded like a good idea. WHAT. IS. WRONG. WITH. US?

I did get to spend a lot of time with this one without distractions.

And a lot of time missing this one.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

That's kinda how I feel about nap time. Addy finally goes down for a nap, and what do I do with it? Stuff that's 100% useless and unproductive.

Those pictures are killing me. Please send your children to me STAT!

melissa said...

I can't wait to see Ells! It's been to long. Maybe we can do a trade for a day or so?

Lindy said...

That weekend seriously sounds like the most ideal thing I've ever heard of. Just lazing around and staring at the wall/tv/movie screen.

I also would like to squish your children with an embrace.

Potters said...

I am sure it was nice to have a little break. I think we would have done close to the same things you did if we didn't have Jason for a weekend. Elsie's smile is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

1. If you were still single, that could be a normal weekend.

2. I need to get a life.

3. Ells is so freaking adorable! can't wait to see more pictures!

Leith said...

You lucky people you, being able to live out the weekend every parent of a toddler dreams of.

I can't imagine what its going to be like with two. I'm really trying to ignore that I'll know in Feb. Bring on the saggy skin and dark circles...