As we all know, being a mom you can sometimes go through an identity crisis. All of the things you used to define yourself quickly give way to meeting other little people's needs on a 24/7 basis. In short your priorities change. But (at least I feel) there's some part of you that doesn't want to change, and that you really don't want to let go of. Thus, why I still find myself attempting such endeavors. When I heard about auditions, I decided even if I don't get in, at least I tried, and I will get better at trying until another opportunity comes along.....
Our first rehearsal was last week (hence the "I made the news in a good way" bullet on my previous post, in UT such things as new symphonies are apparently news worthy). It was great to be back in the saddle. Eating humble pie? Totally. I'm very out of practice, but it was So. Much. Fun.
To commemorate. Here's everyone's most beloved pic (again) relating to violin playing. Circa 2000 perhaps? It doesn't get any weirder, or awesomer. Thanks Bar.
9 comments:
congrats! i totally know what you mean about an identity crisis... i feel like i'm not a real dancer anymore because its been since college that i took a ballet class or stepped on the stage for a real performance. that's awesome that you can do what you love!
LOVE the pic of you and barb! haha!
Awesome!
Shut. Up. That's awesome!
Man, I love that picture of you and Barb...
Okay . . . So I am just with my friends (and Corey and Jennie Tanner) in St. George and we watched the clip off of the news that they had recorded. Hilarious. We sounded HORRIBLE and I look ridiculous, but yet you are right newsworthy for sure.
I am just downloading music to listen to as I type. I'm so glad that you are "in"
ps - let me know when you are ready to shop for a black dress :)
So fun, Sarah! Congrats!
Also, is that picture of you and Barb framed and hanging in your house somewhere? I hope?
Yay! Congratulations! I hope that Barbara will come to support you this time around.
Awesome, Sarah! And I love the picture (and corresponding link) with Bar. That's one sweet pic!
sweet pict of you and Babs.
Post a Comment