Monday, April 16, 2012

on the Hunger Games.

No, I haven't read the books. No, I didn't wait in line to get into the midnight showing. Although I did have the privilege of seeing it with some choice ladies while I was in Boise. So that made the experience all the better.

Anywho. I loved it. I had no idea what to expect. And after I watched it, I began to think (as I'm sure many of you did) - what would I do in the situation Ms. Katniss found herself in?

A few observations:
  • I wouldn't last 30 seconds.
  • I'd step right off that pedestal before the countdown ended. Getting mowed down sounds way better than being hunted and slashed/choked/beaten/arrowed to death. Or succumbing to the elements.
  • Or I'd go find me some of those sweet berries. Night night y'all. See you on the other side.
After I saw it a second time, this time with Dave, the following conversation took place.
  • Me: "You liked it, didn't you?"
  • Dave: "Totally. I want to see it again."
  • Me: "You know you'd win. You'd win the whole freaking thing."
  • Dave: "I dunno, I'm pretty out of shape (as he smiles and pats his belly)."
  • Me: "Dave - it's 2 tributes between the ages of 12 and 18 per district. Not random 30 somethings."
  • Dave: "Oh, true. Well in that case, 17 year old Dave would have totally won. 17 year old Dave could run a 4 minute mile and could stay awake for days."
  • Me: "Yeah, 17 year old Sarah could run a......8 minute mile, and needed a daily nap. Yup. Even 17 year old Sarah would have been screwed."
  • Dave: "Sorry babe."
  • Me: "Wow."
Also there were 2 tweens sitting next to me in the theater. Who A). Literally had heart attacks when the preview for whatever Twilight movie is coming out come on. So, I guess those people really do exist. And B). Every time someone in the Hunger Games was killed they were like "Awww", and I was all "Uh, you do know what has to happen before the movie is over right? Like, 22 more people have to die. Buckle up friends." Sheesh.

2 comments:

Potters said...

You guys crack me up. I loved the hunger games. I guess I am not a very good critic because I didn't even notice the camera shaking at the first.

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose only survival instinct is suicide. Let's be friends forever, Diggity. Or at least until one of us kills ourselves.