Friday, August 24, 2012

lessons learned.....pool etiquette.

It's the end of summer, and we spent a good portion of our 99 degree days by water - pools, sprinklers, lakes etc. (I wish I could list beaches....sigh). Every time I go, specifically to public pools, I find that I'm asking myself...WHY. Maybe it's because I spent a lot of years on swim team, coaching swim team, teaching swimming lessons and lifeguarding. But seriously people, I don't think it's just me.
  • If you wear a white shirt over your swimsuit, it's basically like you're not wearing a shirt at all. So just wear your suit like a normal person.
  • I've had to escort several youngsters to the front office because they were lost. How sad is that? I'm sorry, your TWO YEAR OLD who can't swim has been out of your sight for a good 15 minutes and you have no idea?
  • Scout leaders. Probably not a good idea for your scouts to pass off diving in 5 FEET OF WATER. 
  • Ladies. I'll say it again. Just because you can wear a bikini, does not mean that you should. 
  • Moms that go down those teeny, tiny slides with your kid on your lap. Really? You can't just hold their hand and walk along side the slide? You have to wait in line with all the other 2 year olds?
  • Lady in my water aerobics class (yes, I've been going...what else are you supposed to do at 37 weeks along?)....A bra and WHITE T-SHIRT (again!) is not a swimsuit. And I know she has a suit cuz I've seen her wear it. 
  • And finally, at least for my own gag reflex, do not drink the pool water. I understand little ones that don't know any better, but I've seen plenty of older kids that should know better guzzling it. Ug. It pains me to even write it. 


RIP SUMMER.
It was a good one...

3 comments:

Dau said...

Sarah. Your cynicism and general fabulousness are an inspiration to me and to the world at large. Keep it up, for all that is holy.

Best,
Dau

Lindy said...

Lovin' your babes in their suits!!!

Brooklynn said...

Sarah, I love your sense of humor and honesty. I love you so much and couldn't have said it better myself. Summer pool days were the best:)