I had my own little Valentine's making sweatshop going on for the whole week Dave was gone. It was a perfect quiet activity at the end of the day when I thought for certain my nerves and exhaustion would lead to some sort of headline news story.
We even made cookies for neighbors and friends....with pink frosting in cute little heart bags. See, I really do try people. I really do.
Then Pres got sick. On Valentine's Day. Has anyone ever missed their Valentine's school party? I have, when I was 5, so I knew his pain. Poor little dude.
Can't have one without the other...
So we spent V-day in our jammies, watching movies and eating all of the treats we made for others. Cuz I'm not handing those bad boys out. "Happy Valentine's Day. Here's some flu cookies".
I also snuck Mr. Aller's Valentine and treats into his bag before he left for Chile. He really is the luckiest dude on the planet.
From the bottom of my heart, babe.
2 comments:
oh man! what a bummer! your kids are sure cute tho, sick or not!
Where did you get that card...I have a feeling I will be buying many cards with a sense of humor like that for all sorts of occasions!
Post a Comment