
I (Sarah) read this article today about people's irrational fears, and it was hilarious! The link is below, I encourage all to take advantage.
http://health.msn.com/centers/mentalhealth/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100159963
So, in lieu of this nonsensical day of fear - here are 13 my craziest fears (not counting the general ones like death of a family member, or nuclear holocaust etc. that everyone has).
- Spiders: I can't look at pictures of them, I can't think about touching them (especially the big ones). I am getting closer to killing them....if they're small.
- The "LOST" title intro: For those of you that know and love the ABC show "LOST", you are well aware of the opening title......(the "LOST" logo getting bigger and bigger as it comes toward you with creepy music in the back ground). I can't even watch it.
- The Dark: Am I a grown up? I'm not sure.....b/c I'm terrified of the dark.
- Loud Noises: Fog Horns, thunder, our blender, motorcycles - you get the idea.
- Dolls - in all their variety: Ever since we snuck into the Provo Doll Museum, I'll never be the same.
- Cows: They are cute from afar, but I've had one too many stare me down. I'm quite certain they were planning on charging me......
- Large Bodies of Water: Well at least being alone in them. As in, waiting for the boat to get into water-skiing position while you're out there, alone, in the murky water. Surfing, boogie boarding, tubing when people aren't super close.
- Street performers: Namely the robot kind that don't talk, they just stand there all glittery and silent. Clowns can be lumped into that category as well.
- Going into Space: Have I ever done it? Will I ever do it? No! Why anyone would want to - I will never understand. There's no oxygen people!
- Hippopotami: According to the Discovery Channel, they can chomp you in half in one bite. Their freaking jaw unhinges like sharks! Plus, they are horrendous looking.
- Heights: Sort of. I have acute vertigo, which means I physically cannot be at an elevated height without something to hold on to (even if its a kitchen chair). And you can forget about me going up and down stairs without a rail.
- Hospitals: Or doctor's offices in general. They have pokey things, weird lighting, and they take your blood......
- Feet: If you have ugly feet, I have a hard time even shaking your hand. But I'm pretty good at hiding my disgust, so don't worry.
2 comments:
The Lost intro thing just made my day. And I'll forever wonder if you secretly hate my feet.
Keep up the good work!
It was the glittery, silent street performers for me. I never really thought about it, but I always avoid eye contact with them...fear of falling under their spell I guess. Do they add to their numbers the way vampires do?...come to think of it, they could actually be the artsy members of the vampire family!
and the feet thing...
maybe you should blame that on your parents. I don't know if you are aware that one of your cute, high-pitched-while-talking-to-a-baby nick-names was "stinky feet." At about 9 months old your mom suggested that be put to a stop so you wouldn't get a complex. I guess it was too late.
Post a Comment