Friday, April 27, 2007

What do I do all day?


I'm sure many of you are super anxious to know what I (Sarah) do all day at the Noni. Our company sells a variety of health and beauty products based off of the Noni fruit found in Tahiti. In the department I work for, Creative Services, we outsource all of our graphic design. SO - I manage specific departmental accounts (Gifting, or Cafes for example), and when they have design needs, I coordinate with our outside vendors to get the job done. I love it!

As you can imagine - in a department full of "creative types" we have a lot of bizarre requests and behavior. I'll let you decide which of the following are actually work related.
  • Noni Wars: For some reason, one of our specialty items is a Nerf-like Noni fruit replica- and we have a giant box of them. I'll let you do the math.
  • Cardboard Cutouts: Yes we have them - of the Noni bottle, and for some reason, a life-size one of our companies 5 founders. It was a good day when it ended up in the ladies restroom.
  • Treats: They are abundant, and sometimes required if you'd like to attend a meeting.
  • Tiny coconut bras: An entire day was spent constructing one to transform a Noni bottle into a Tahitian Dancer.
  • 3 Foot Paper Airplane: It ended up (very slowly) hitting me in the head.
  • Queen Latifah: Her life size cardboard cutout stayed up for a good 3 months.
  • Salty Balls: Someone covered salt pellets with chocolate and brought them around for treats. That was a great day too.
  • Flying candy: At least twice a day, a hard candy war erupts. I have yet to receive a Purple Heart.
  • DeLorean: Yes, a complete life size replica of the famed 'Back to the Future' car is alive and well in our atrium (next to the waterfall).
  • Kid Haters: We dowsed an 8 year old with a garden hose (this one's legit, it was for a photo shoot- we only hate kids slightly).
  • Snakes on a Plane: I'll take credit - I sent personalized voice messages from Samuel L. Jackson promoting Snakes on a Plane to everyone I knew.
  • Sleeping bags: Sometimes (especially during convention), HR "conveniently" looks away as we work round the clock to get videos, signs, brochures, t-shirts, tickets etc. out the door on time. Let's hear it for other departments time management skills.
  • Darts: Yes please, I'm getting close to a bulls eye.....one of these days.
  • Mini Golf: Yes please again - its surprising what can fit under your desk.
  • Photoshop: Since we are all masters in the program, the occasional Photoshopped 'boss in a bikini' will show up via copies on every wall in sight. I plead the 5th.
  • Bling: We have a price sign for a product named 'Pink Ladies Bling Hat'.
  • Race Track: The instant the power goes out - we are all ready with our remote control cars. It makes the time fly.
  • Ken Jennings Brother: Ken Jennings was a Millionaire Mormon contestant on Jeopardy, and his brother works in our legal department.
  • YouTube: We have multiple clips on YouTube involving a large plastic tarantula that dangles off the end of a dowel rod.
I'm sure there's many more that I have yet to recall. I'm also sure that all of you are jealous. God Bless Noni - in all its glory.

4 comments:

AnnaYoung said...

HAHAHAHAhahaha! I love it! and I thought we IT Geeks had fun! I'm going to have to find some foam laptops or something, all we have right now is a rubber cockroach we take turns hiding in each others 'space' to see who freaks out. : )

Jackie said...

I heart this blog. And I heart that Ken Jenning's bro is there. Do you ever challenge him to games of wit? Or at least an arm wrestling match?

boxpilot said...

wow, you're so creative . . .

Suzanne said...

I work with ONE other person, a middle-aged menopausal nut job, so needless to say, I do not have such fun at work. But I do get to eat delicious Palistinian cuisine every day for lunch. So take THAT.

Oh, let's be honest, I'd trade all the lula kebobs in the world for one round of Noni War...