One of the more important things to getting an infant to sleep is swaddling. Its important for so many reasons - but reason #1 for Preston is that he has no control over his arms yet. So if his arms aren't bound in a swaddle - he (and myself) can forget about getting more than 15 min. of sleep. However, PG hates it with a passion. I'm not sure why - all the books and articles I've read say infants love love love it. Sigh.
Needless to say, every nap time its a struggle. PG is all ready for sleep, and then the moment he realizes his arms bound - its WW III. He'll whine, grunt, and wiggle until he's free. He can escape the tightest of swaddles. At 2 am, its not so funny - but this morning it was. This is what I found after he abruptly became quiet - I knew him nodding off in 10 min was too good to be true. Sigh squared......

You can even see fuzzies on his hands from the sock he removed too.
Preston 1 - mom 0.
Preston 1 - mom 0.
6 comments:
Looks like he needs a good spanking. Just something to think about...
Next stop-straight jacket...but knowing him...he'd own that too.
Holy freaking crap, congratulations on your little one? I randomly stumbled upon your blog. I hope you guys are doing well, glad to hear Preston is out of the NICU (it's MY least favorite place to be).
and by "little one?" i mean "little one!"
I guess you should start teaching him how to make a peace sign or the live long and prosper sign. Might as well make good use of the sticking out hand.
have you read the book 'the happiest baby on the block'? Of course, I think I will conquor the world of baby when she comes with all my books and articles. . . but I'm SURE that will change when she gives me the what's up in a few months.
ANyways, it was pretty good and seemed to make a lot of sense--however, the one handed swadle escape IS impressive! : )
Post a Comment