Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey with a side of ER.

For Turkey Day 07 - we had big plans. The Doughty family came down from Boise, Dave bought us a 26 lb turkey, and we had enough pies to feed all of UT (+ maybe some parts of Idaho). I was very excited to host my first Thanksgiving. What we didn't plan on was a 5 am trip to the Emergency room. I had a severe allergic reaction to who knows what, and woke up at 5 am with hives. Since Dave is on Ambien, (he was of no help), it was mom to the rescue. By the time mom helped locate some Benadryl, my eyes were swollen shut, and my lips were blue and the size of hot dogs, and I was having trouble breathing - definitely time for the ER. A few shots, and a lot of take home meds later we were back at the house by about 7 am. Needless to say, I was out for the day, so mom prepared "my" first Thanksgiving dinner + took care of PG. No words can describe the deliciousness of the dinner or the awesomeness of moms.

What a gorgeous turkey! My still slightly puffy eyes are even more gorgeous.


Dave carving the world's largest turkey.....


The setup.....


The fam before chow time (minus one napping PG).....

A special thanks to the Timpanogos Hospital ER and Walgreeens for sacrificing their Turkey Day to help me out.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

What??? We leave the state and everything goes to crap...

So sorry about the hives! And I'm so sorry for the Ambiened husband. Thank goodness for moms indeed.

Lindy said...

If I ever meet your mom I think we should hoist her up on our shoulders in a showing of gratitude and solidarity.

Anonymous said...

I heart Tammy!! She comes to the rescue again!