Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Day.


Now that PG is on a good schedule, the holidays are over and things have calmed down a bit - I find myself wondering - why am I so busy/stressed out all the time? So I decided to break down my typical day.

It starts around 6:45 am. From there on out I have a three 1-1.5 hour increments of time to myself after PG has been fed and changed, or he is napping, - that's if he sticks to his 2 hours awake, 2 hours asleep schedule. During those increments I do the following on a daily basis (for the most part):
  • Clean.
  • Do Laundry.
  • Treadmill & Pilates (baby weight isn't going to loose itself people)
  • Chip away at our mountain of medical bills/insurance claims/paperwork from PG's hospitalization and surgery.
  • Panic about what to make for dinner.
  • Run any errands that can be accomplished within a 1 hour time span.
  • Shower, and 50% of the time get my hair blown dry.
  • Work on press kits for our films.
  • Become outraged yet again at the $ of celery I had to pay at the store the other day.
  • Entertain Preston.
  • Go to the bathroom - you laugh, but sometimes I decide, "I just don't have time!"
  • Eat - you laugh again, but I forget a lot of the time.
  • Follow election news & continue to despise/fear Hillary (thanks Anna).
  • Decide what's for dinner and make it.
  • Eat dinner when Dave gets home.
  • Pack Dave's lunch.
  • Clean up after dinner.
  • Do PG's bedtime routine (bath or story, then swaddling about 30 minutes).
  • Put PG to bed.
  • Do more laundry whilst watching TV or a movie or just hangin' with Dave.
  • Dream feed PG around 10:45 pm.
  • Get up intermittently during the night to check on PG (yes I'm that paranoid), or put his paci back in if he starts to stir.
  • Start again the next day at 6:45am.
  • And there's always the weekly/monthly commitments. Visiting teaching, preparing lessons for Sunday, PG's doctor appointments in SALT LAKE etc. which completely throw my day off......
So I know everybody is busy, just like me. But I do feel better having made my list. My pre-baby days were filled with established accomplishments I could list out - "I spent 3 hours in meetings today, I started BLANK # of projects today, I went to BLANK # of press checks today" etc. Now, I look at my day and think......I did some laundry - I think? But I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

You had me hooked by "Treadmill & Pilates"--you're an inspiration!

And I have to agree--that squishy face is worth all that indeed. :)

Lindy said...

I think the way you work it...no diggity, no Doughty. Also, I am quiet enraptured (sp?) with that bald head.

AnnaYoung said...

Seriously, I JSUT had a talk with tyler about this exact subject two nights ago. Your list makes me feel better about myself becuase it's strikingly similar to what I was pretty sure I was in for. That and its good to know its all worth it! : )

Thatnks for helping qwell the panic!

Suzanne said...

Oh man, that is one squeezable baby. And one tired mama. But mostly a squeezable baby...