Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger - RIP.

I'm not terribly into celebrity gossip - but I was horrified to find out today that Australian actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York apartment. We know him from such films as 10 things I Hate about You, the Patriot, A Knights Tale, and Brokeback Mountain.

All Dave had to say about it was , "if this screws up the release of
The Dark Knight' I'm going to be pissed." Well said babe, well said.

We'll miss you Heath Ledger. Thanks for your hearty good looks, your fairly decent acting ability and your infamous boy on boy action. I was privileged to be your character from Brokeback Mountain for Halloween 07. May you rest in peace.

For the MSNBC news story click here.

5 comments:

boxpilot said...

i agree dave.

Lindy said...

Doughty--I was also shocked and saddened to hear this news. It always make me sad when someone so young dies.

SuburbanZoo said...

Just a philosophical thought, but I honestly wonder if his death would have anything to do with how playing the part of an evil person like the Joker. It just makes me wonder how much damage it caused him being submerged in evil like that. I think people tend to figure it's just pretend so it wouldn't have any effect on them, but I don't know. My grandpa was an actor for Hale Centre Theater, and when he played the villan, he was a poo-head at home too. And when he played parts like Matthew in Anne of Green Gables, he was the nicest guy in the world to be around. I think being in icky roles can't help but have a negative effect on a person on a spiritual level. (As I, Katie, am an uneducated, not film major, feel free to disagree with me.)

Suzanne said...

Heath Ledger dying suckity-sucks. He was younger than my husband... so weird.

AnnaYoung said...

I know! Wild and crazy stuff! Unfortunately, Tyler and I had the same reaction regarding the release of the next Batman. Then I also saw a picture of him playing Joker and thought the same thing suburbanzoo did. That sort of play acting can't be healthy.