In light of the slightly depressing, non-conclusive Super Tuesday results, I thought I'd share a story of hilarity to lighten everyone's spirits.
Last Friday I was exiting the north doors of the Noni. I reached into my pocket to grab my phone, and all of the sudden - I was on the ground. I was laying on a huge sheet of ice, looking up at the sky. And then my ankle started to throb. I couldn't tell what hurt worse - the frigid cold, or my ankle. I started wincing and rolling around in response to the ankle pain, and eventually ended up on my stomach. I looked into the large glass doors I had just exited, and noticed a woman standing there reading a book (whilst waiting for a ride, I assumed). She was 10 feet away, totally ignoring me on the ground. I didn't really want her help, but come on! I decided to get up - and then quickly changed my mind, it hurt too bad. What was a girl to do? I just laid there, on the ground, for like 5 minutes in the frigid cold. Finally, the lady looked up from her book, tapped on the glass and mouthed "are you ok?". WHAT?!! I just gave her a weird look, then a thumbs up, and went back to laying on the ground....and the lady went back to reading her book. Weird science.
Eventually a guy from my department was leaving and saw me - he helped me to my feet. Oh, and he slipped in the process too - so I guess I'm not a complete idiot. But we'll let the masses decide.
Happy un-Super Wednesday.
5 comments:
She totally didn't deserve that thumbs up.
How's the ankle? Maybe she was reading the twilight series...my friends can't get enough of those.
I was the lady who mouthed "are you ok?" Sorry about that, Doughty. I didn't want people to think I was friends with the slippy ankle lady.
You were sarcastic in yoru delivery of the thumbs up I hope.
Hey, remeber when we decided to walk back to liberty square by going down that GIANT hill behind the Benson Building? And we bascially jsut slid the whole way down becuase our shoes had negative traction on the ice? Good times. At least I had someone to hug to keep me warm from the ice : )
My interperetation of the situation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YEMR75H-F4Q
Post a Comment