- check out what the bunny had left (aka mom)
- get dinner preparations underway
- get the fam in their Sunday Easter garb
- go to church
- send Dave home to put PG down and start the ceremonial Easter ham
- do the Primary Sharing Time lesson
- teach my CTR 5 class
- return home
- help finish getting dinner ready
- eat
- play with our Easter guests
- get to the SLC airport w/PG and fly to Boise
- Wrench #1 - PG got an ear infection Monday before. Minor set back a few days of fever and coddling one sick baby. But we started him on that delicious delicious bubble gum medicine (Amoxicillin).
- Wrench #2 - (not to be too graphic) but Bubblegum medicine has an awesome side affect: diarrhea. By day #2 on the meds, PG's little bum was raw, and bleeding. Which means, I can't take him anywhere, he's crying crying crying, and we spend our days soaking him in the tub whenever he needed a change of diaper, and then letting him air dry. If you think I got peed on, you'd be correct. If you think I didn't get anything else done - you'd also be correct.
- Wrench #3 -Sharing Time: for those of you who don't know, Sharing Time is the lesson ALL in Primary kids get before they break for classes, so you've gotta prepare pretty well in advance. Children can smell weakness, so "winging it" just won't do. I prepared a corresponding Easter Egg hunt (how appropriate). As I'm putting my clues into the plastic eggs the night before, I realized - I don't have enough eggs. Its 11:30 pm the night before Easter - where am I going to get some? I made bro Jake go with me to the store - Macey's was cleaned out, Harmon's - cleaned out.....but there were a few random eggs from a broken package scattered about on the empty shelves, and I was NOT going to Wal-Mart. I'll let you do the math.
Side note: Although Easter was insane, everything got done, and we even made our flight with time to spare.
5 comments:
So, for your next amoxibubblegum adventure, if you feed him some yogurt you'll avoid the hershey squirts.
Hooray for crazy Easter!
Holy crap! I miss Hammer. Also, my foot got peed on this morning and I did not enjoy it. So sorry about PG's bumniastic apalexy.
If there is one thing life has taught me, it is that there are few problems a little Hammer can't solve.
Also. Adults with diahrrea is funny. Babies with diahrrea is not. Sorry dude.
Sarah...it's Kristina....love the blog! You are still as hilarious as ever. I found your blog through Lani's. I am happy that you are doing good...(well except for your crazy life) Keep blogging.
You are the champs of all champs. Especially since you are spreading the good news of that Hammer commercial with us all!!
Post a Comment