Lately I've had a lot of friends of my blog ask if I read and/or have heard of the blog Dooce. Although my blog is by no means as up to date, stylish, cool etc. people seem to think I have the similar opinions and experiences living in this great state of Utah. They would be correct. I love the Dooce blog, and read it frequently.
For the past few weeks I've been meaning to put a link to it on my blog to share the wealth. More and more people would ask "hey - do you read the Dooce blog?". And I would resolve to post a link that night, but never get to it. Finally this morning, I decided to listen to my favorite morning radio show online - x96 Radio From Hell (something I rarely do), and guess who was in the studio? DOOCE!!! (aka Heather Armstrong). Apparently she won SLC Weekly's "Best of" Best Local Blogger" award. X96 won as well: "Best of" award for best Morning Radio show. Man I have good taste.
Anyway - so that's my Dooce story. There is now a "places I go" section on my blog where you can link to my favorite internet sites. You're welcome. Oh, and if you happen to check out some of Dooce's posts, the one where her friend got into BYU is priceless, and oh so familiar.
3 comments:
Dooce is my favorite. I've read every single entry she's ever written. Pathetic.
I dunno... I think she's a witty writer, I just wish she wasn't a former Mormon who doesn't like the church yet chooses to live where the religion is headquartered. We all make fun of those holier than thou zeaouts, but sometimes she takes it a bit far.
I also give her props for starting this blogging thing back in 2001. One of the reasons she's so popular is because she's one of the original bloggers...
My name is Ryan Aller and my site has a very similar name to your blog www.theallers.com! I was looking through my analytics and found your blog. Where are you from? Ryan
Post a Comment