Monday, April 14, 2008

ridiculous?

Last year we purchased some window panels from Home Fabrics. I love them - they were exactly what I was looking for. Problem - we have 3, and need 4. Why didn't we purchase 4 in the first place? I'm cheap.

I finally made it back to Home Fabrics last week to purchase my 4th panel, only to discover that the color of my panel had been discontinued. (Surprise, surprise). The sales girl was LESS than helpful. One of those "I hate my job" types. She offered me no solution - just a "sorry". I asked about other store locations having my panel. Her response was "its discontinued, I can't call any other stores". Nice.

Then I saw it - a display with my panel - Perfect! It had trim, but it was only lightly glue gunned on. Double Perfect! I summoned said attitude sales girl.
  • "Do you ever sell your displays? Because I found my panel".
  • "We do sell our displays, but we can't sell this one to you - it has trim on it".
  • "Oh, I'll totally buy the trim too".
  • "We can't sell this one to you - it has trim on it".
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. So I went back on a weekday and asked for a manager. I explained the situation. And guess what? "We can't sell this one to you - it has trim on it". Wow, Home Fabrics - I have no words.

I protested, she relented and took my name and # so she could call when they calculated a price for my panel with attached trim. I'm not holding my breath.

4 comments:

Lindy said...

That's the problem with people who don't work on commission!

Anonymous said...

you should distract the sales people while david sneaks over and detaches the problem causing trim...

Suzanne said...

Sometimes shoplifting can be the right thing to do.

AnnaYoung said...

I might completely agree with the previous two comments.

And by they way, Bed Bath and Beyond did the SAME thing to me! ONly, they must have run out of the dye or something becuase they changed the name and made it with slightly different shades of the colors--but different enough that I can't use my old ones with the new ones. I had my family spread out to BBBs across the nation to no avail.

I hate stupid sales people who don't believe in customer service.