Thursday, April 10, 2008

sigh.

The following phrases have either been said to me, or overheard this week at work.
  • "Don't pick up the sombrero - there's a fake tarantula underneath it."
  • "I'm shooting you with ukulele."
  • "All right - who put Ranch Dressing in the soap dispensers?"
  • "Our office is located next to your mom's house."
  • "I'm singing the Canadian National Anthem to you - why aren't you standing?"
  • I've also used the phrase "Cool Beans" TWICE this week, which makes me want to shoot myself in the face.
The following emails have been sent from the up and ups to all of corporate:
  • McCain's thoughts on the Pledge of Allegiance.
  • Reflections of Christ.
sigh.

7 comments:

erin said...

Are you sure it was the soap dispensers? I thought it was just J's drink container...

Aren't those "higher ups" emails so hilarious? We must work for a company with Mormon founders--or values--or something...

SuburbanZoo said...

Lame-o emails are my fave. Especially the ones that tell you not to mess it up and pass it on to a hundred friends. I honestly don't HAVE a hundred friends, so I get a guilt complex.

Jen said...

Oh, I miss those days.

Lindy said...

Have you seen Hot Rod? I know, I know, but seriously it was hilarious. I love that STUPID sequence when they are saying cool beans.

Suzanne said...

Yes, but did you have the following coversation with your boss yesterday?

Me: Yes, but twins are usually born smaller than single babies, so maybe the labor won't be THAT bad.

Boss Lady: Yeah, like a big fart.

Me: Or a big poo...

Boss Lady: Yeah, like a big poo...

Ahh, and thus we reached the "too close for comfort" stage of our relationship.

the Allers said...

Oh yes Erin - after J discovered the Ranch in his drink container, he dumped it into the soap dispenser in the ladies restroom.....

Anonymous said...

wow, interesting work environment...