I don't think this weekend could have been any more Potter-ier. ABC Family was airing all 5 Harry Potter Movies, and once we started watching, we couldn't stop. We ended up just renting all of them b/c we're too ADD for commercial interruption.
I'm not a fanatic by any means. In fact, I only just barely started reading the last of the series Deathly Hallows. But I do have to say, that a weekend of Harry Potter can do everyone some good. I guess all that's left to do is give a shout out to Taylor Hall, and put on the Harry Potter glasses in preparation of the Harry Potter Dance.
Another Taylor Hall shout out - Jones and I were discussing how we're all mature enough to get married and have grown up jobs, maybe some kids. But we are definitely not to the point where we could sit quietly through Equus. In fact, the thought makes me cry with laughter.
12 comments:
I find that Broadway plays are getting to be more and more embarrassing. And disturbing.
Have you ever seen that Seinfeld episode where Jerry makes Elaine laugh by putting the Pez dispenser on her lap? Yeah, it’d be like that for sure.
PS- All 5 movies??
I didn't know you were a Taylor Hall alum too. I was there the last year before they tore it down and made it all spiffy and new.
Yeah...my friends and I have talked about going to see Equuis...but really can't decide if we could do it.
I'm really pleased that you decided to HP it this weekend--I think it shows the wisdom and maturity that comes with 27.
With that wisdom and maturity be enough to sit through a play with full frontal from HP himself? Not in a million years.
Sarah, I don't know what you think would be so funny about a "powerful and provocative story of a stable boy and a psychiatrist who seek to understand sexual and religious mysteries."
Oh, wait... PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING!
Also, what ever happened to the infamous HP glasses?? I think it's time we take turns mailing them to each other. Like Flat Stanley. Or the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Only funnier. And with bifocals.
Suz - I am the keeper of the HP glasses. I keep them on my nightstand as a constant reminder of how much I heart you.
Sarah, all I want for Christmas is for you to post a photo of yourself wearing the HP glasses. And then one of Dave. And then one of PG.
I second that emotion!!
As well as the Traveling Pants suggestion. I saw that movie, and you can really improve your quality of life when you share pants. And, of course, HP glasses.
I have NEVER seen PG in the HP glasses, and I consider that a personal travesty. It's the least you can do to make up for not moving to Texas so I can see you more.
Oh, and if you could get random people in your neighborhood, ward, local grocery store, etc. to also pose with the HP glasses on, that would be super fantastic.
Kthanx!
Seriosuly, the guy plays Harry Potter and the critics couldn't come up with another adjective to describe his performance other than "Magical"? Just a little effort would be nice is all.
And seirsouly? Full frontal? Doesn't Harry POtter know that it didn't work for Julie Andrews?
And PS. I heart Flat Stanley.
Post a Comment