Monday, July 6, 2009

4th=longest day ever, and possibly longest post ever.

Here are the highlights:
Wake up call 5:30 AM.....why?
"Freedom Run". Instead of following my instincts, I followed the flock of people headed in the opposite direction (no metaphors please, unless you'd like a well timed heart punch), and ended up at the 5k start instead of the 10k start. So after being horribly upset/disappointed, I decided to reboot - run a faster 5k than I did 2 months ago. And I did - by 8 minutes.While I was running, the rest of the family was enjoying fresh donuts and hot air balloon launching (fatties).PG and Nana.

But they missed out, cause I caught this beauty landing on my exodus from the finish line to my family.Funniest pic ever? Possibly.....

After we met up, we decided that we weren't too exhausted to watch the parade, which was awesome. I guess anything is awesome when the only parade you've seen is the past 5 years in the Preston Rodeo Parade. Sorry Preston, but you surely do not have a Real Salt Lake float with a twirling soccer ball.Then we finished making our 4th of July hippie shirts, and ate some awesome grub. (D refused to participate in hippie shirt making, so he wasn't allowed on film).Finally, we somehow managed to find an empty field and watched Stadium on Fire fireworks.

Simply put, succesful 4th to the max.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm sorry about the 10k/5k confusion! I guess your only option is to come to Richmond and run a 10k with me next April. Really, it just makes sense.

Lindy said...

You running friends are totally awesome. It's all I can do to force myself to walk on the treadmill at night. And that's WITH some form the the Real Housewives to distract me.

Anonymous said...

Jon and I ran the 10k--too bad we didn't bump into you guys!! I'm diggin' the tie-die tees.

Suzanne said...

I don't get running. I do, however, get donuts. Good call, PG, good call.

Anonymous said...

Oh the age old tradition of making matching tie dyed t-shirts. Remember the watermellon ones? Those are classic. Good game running the 5K, even though you were going to run the 10K...in either case you totally rock.