Its summer, which means we've had more opportunities for babysitters than usual. AKA my mom is a teacher and has the summer off, and D's parents let us freeload off of them whenever we care to drive to northern UT. Needless to say, D and I have been seeing movies like there's no tomorrow.
Since we are usually in a hurry to get out the door, we've let our priorities slip. On occasion, we've been prone to purchasing theater treats actually from the theater instead of sneaking them in (much to my frugality's dismay). The other week I decided it was treat time right as the previews started. I went to the counter and waited patiently (sort of - I hate missing previews). The guy ahead of me was taking his sweet time deciding what to get, as if the choices have changed. Popcorn, candy, soda - get on with it. After literally an eternity, he ordered Raisinettes. Really. $3.50 and 10 minutes I will never get back for a box of the world's most disgusting candy. I'm not sure how, but I decided it had to be all Michael Bay's fault.
6 comments:
Confession: I like Raisinettes. But I would NEVER take that long to order them... I pick Grandma candy much faster than that.
Another confession: I also like Raisinettes. But I would NEVER order them in public where other people could see. I'd much rather go with the face-saving Junior Mints.
Also enjoyed by me: yogurt covered raisins.
Its like I don't even know you guys anymore. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there is a secret underground populace of Raisinette lovers that keeps it on the shelves.....
Raisinettes are gross, mostly because they have raisins. Raisins are gross, hence raisenettes are gross.
And yes, it is definitely Michael Bay's fault.
Jack and Suz are clearly on something--Raisinettes are NOT good. Movie candy is a no brainer--Hot Tamales. If the theater doesn't have them, then Sour Patch Kids or Peanut M&Ms are an acceptable substitute.
Yogurt covered raisins? Delicious.
I also like Hot Tamales, but I don't have the self-control to stop eating them even when my mouth is on fire.
Post a Comment