Thursday, July 2, 2009

lessons learned.

  • D uses "clinical strength" deodorant. In a hurry, I used it and consequentially burned my off a layer of flesh. So I guess in a way its good, cause I don't need deodorant anymore.
  • I ventured to a local $1 store the other day, and at the check out counter I noticed a display of pregnancy tests.....pregnancy tests. Of the many items you should not purchase from the $1 store, I'm pretty sure that's in the top 3. Right up there with fish and condoms.
  • Rumbi, how I've missed you.
  • Went to the Living Aquarium. There was definitely some living things.....swimmy living things. Which now terrify me. What a sad, sad realization.
  • On July 4th I'm getting up at the crack of dawn and running 6.2 miles in the "Freedom Run". And I'm paying $$ to do it. If you know me at all, this stands against everything I hold dear (sleeping in, good deals, and not sweating). If I'm found dead on the side of the road, at least you'll know it was in pursuit of Freedom via running (whatever that means).
  • There's a purple van I see all the time around the area, you can't help but notice it. Its like Where's Waldo ghetto style. D brought up the theory that maybe there is actually a fleet of them, and they are sent out just to mess with me. I'm lucky to have found someone that will indulge my insane conspiracy theory tendencies. Truely lucky.

7 comments:

Aileen Taylor said...

Would you believe me if I told you that those $1 pregnancy tests are better than the $13 ones at drugstores? They can detect HcG in the lowest levels, and they are the same tests that the doctor's offices use when you request a pregnancy test. So stock up next time you see that display at the counter!

Fish at the dollar stores is actually better too. It has double the nutrients than fish bought at 5 star restaurants. Wait - never mind. That's a lie. Just stick to pregnancy tests.

P.S. I love that you posted a picture of you in Pioneer gear. It made my week. Totally awesome. And as your culture would teach you, you can even re-use the costume to be a pregnant polygamist wife at Halloween, audition to be in the Palymra Pageant, or use pieces of it to host and outfit a Renaissance party in your back yard.

michelle said...

Oh, I miss you.

Lindy said...

Maybe that purple van is a genius and you need his mind!

your average nobody said...

It's true the dollar store tests are by far the best and the cheapest your just pissing on money when you spend more then a dollar :)

Jackie said...

I once saw a pregnancy test in a dollar store that said "Includes instructions in Spanish/Con instrucciones en Espanish."

Espanish?! I guess when you sell things for a dollar, you can cut costs by not hiring a real translator.

Leith said...

Trust me, those dollar store P tests are great, especially if you're freaked out and need to pee on about 10 of them JUST to make sure...completely sure... trust me - they work...possibly a little TOO well. And no, this is not a confession to me being preggers - Thank heavens those P tests work!!!!

Suzanne said...

Jackie, I speak fluent Espanish. Don't diss. (And, yes, I say "diss" too.)

Sarah, the "Living Aquarium" made me immediately think, "Is there a 'Dead Aquarium'??" And thinking about that made me laugh and laugh. Which then made me think, "What's wrong with me?"