Monday, August 17, 2009

name.

I'm horrible with names. Horrible. Its not because I don't like you, or that your darling face is unmemorable. If your name is Bob, and I call you Juan, its really no reflection on you....just my ADD.

But I do have to say that if you have a weirdo made up name, or name that is normal but spelled phonetically, its not my fault that I can't remember it - that's your deal. Also sometimes I can't remember your name because I already assigned you a "Seinfeld name" for something about you that stood out (Slow Talker, Hawaiian Shirt, Jack o' Lantern Face etc). There's a 50% chance that your Seinfeld name as a good connotation though, no worries.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

I suck at the name game too... why can't everyone just wear name tags all the time?

PS- I hope my Seinfeld name is Loud Open-Mouth Laugh.

Suzanne said...

Suzanne says sheepishly: I might be one of those freakish people who remembers names. It's so bad that sometimes I fake-forget someone's name so they don't think I'm stalking them or president of their fan club, or something. But Shane is with you and Jackie on this one, which makes it really frustrating for me when I try to gossip about people we know and he has no idea who I'm talking about...

Unknown said...

You have GOT to play the Seinfeld game with us some time!

SuburbanZoo said...

Ah yes, I remember the "Cali Girls." The best part is, the names fit. For reals.

Lindy said...

I wish Mitchell were here to say my name, say my name.

the Allers said...

MITCHELL!!!! What I wouldn't give to know what he's up to at this very moment.

AnnaYoung said...

I am desperately trying ot think of the name of the pink shirt guy from freshman year. . . I only ehard the story but then you pointed him out to me. . . . . oh to remeber!!!

But really. I only try to remeber people's names if I think I might need it in the future, but that's not that often really, so I think I'm sort of OK at hte name game.

Jackie said...

Mitchell and I are friends on Facebook! Add him this very second.

Suzanne said...

I HEART MITCHELL KELLY!!!

(And yes, I remembered his last name. What's wrong with me?!)

I still can't think of the time he sang Say My Name at our ward's... was it a talent show?... without laughing right out loud. And also how he would fake-faint when he saw you across the Cannon Center.

When we have our long-awaited reunion, can we PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE invite Mitchell?