Thursday, September 10, 2009

ambulance bullhorn.

Starting my Freshman year, I made this one wish - to purchase a bullhorn and keep it in my vehicle. At the time I planned on using it mainly to be obnoxious, but mostly to be awesomely hilarious. Now that I am much older and much wiser, I can see greater benefits for such an item. Examples......
  • Yelling at the emo student walking (slowly and emo-y) in front of my car when I have a green light and he clearly has the red hand thingy at the crosswalk.
  • Yelling at the person going 25 in a 40.
  • Yelling at the idiot blaring his horrible music in the ugliest car ever, next to me at the stoplight.
  • Yelling at the idiot driving manically all over the road whilst talking on his cell phone. If you're not coordinated to do both, might I suggest focusing on the task that could kill someone.
  • Saying hi to people I know as I drive by and explain why I can't offer them a ride.
Oh the possibilities are endless.

But then the other night, while waiting to for the light to turn green, I hear this in a loud booming voice, "Jason. What are you doing? And where is your helmet?"

It was some EMS peeps in an ambulance behind me talking to the motorcyclist next to me through some sort of bullhorn equipped in the vehicle.

Dude. Where can I get me an ambulance?

And no, Jason was not wearing a helmet.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I look forward to the day I'm walking on the street, and I hear you say hi to me from your car via the ambulance bullhorn.

I assume that's where my life will peak.

Anonymous said...

Someday I will say here "bullhorn is in the mail."

That day will probably come closer to a payday and after I get out of debt...but just know it will happen.

Lindy said...

Will your ambulance also be equipped with live saving equipment? If so, think of the quick buck you could make driving around doing good (but not free) deeds.

SuburbanZoo said...

Radio Shack. $84.99

(The bullhorn, not the ambulance.)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103828

Sweeeeet!!

Gary Aller said...

Sarah,
If you would have had that ambulance when I made my trip, I could of saved $2000, get on with it, the $'s are endless....
GMA