Monday, October 26, 2009

crazy cat lady.

Let it be known to all the world - I do not like cats. Not even a little, not even at all. (besides the fact that I have to drink a bottle of Benadryl if one is in the vicinity). If you have a cat, I still love you - just not your pet.

A few days ago I heard meowing - all day. But I couldn't find the source. Then that night I spied it under a car - a tiny kitten. So there I am, in a dress and my new cute fall boots with leather gloves and a towel (cause who wants to touch that thing) crawling around the parking lot trying to wrangle the kitten. I know my neighbors think I'm insane.

I finally lured it to our front door with some warm formula. Then I snatched it and even with all the protective gear, it trashed my arm with its mighty claws. (just a side note) Kitten reeked.....reeked. I put it in the laundry room with the milk and a blanket. Good night grumpy kitty.

When it was time to get the kitten to take it to the shelter. I opened the door and noticed it had eaten all the formula and some Cheerios that mysteriously appeared in a bowl (thanks D?). I went to grab it, and it ran behind the washer. Let me just say it took 45 minutes - 45 MINUTES to get it into a box. Dude was ticked. Then he jumped out of the box and started running around my house. Sick sick and sick. Eventually he was caught. I was sneezing and my house now reeked of kitten. Sick. Not to mention PG was terrified. We got it to the shelter. I heard it attacking the lady that was took him in the back room. I tried to warn her......

Good deed done. Hatred of cats remains.

PS. I'm not biased against just cats - I also don't care for giant slobbery dogs that jump up on me the moment I walk in the door without the least degree of concern from the owners. Honestly people.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

You are a good, good soul.

I would have somehow tried to hide the kitten from Doug so I could keep it. I know, I just can't help being one of those people!

SuburbanZoo said...

Next time call my husband. He is and expert catcher of kittens and depositer of said kittens at the shelter. We're talking PRO!

Anonymous said...

This post would have been better with pictures of said kitten fights. Just saying.

Suzanne said...

Sarah, I advise you against ever coming over to Casa de Hildebrand. Cause I'm pretty sure it's the exact definition of your own personal hell.

(But if you ever do, I will be a very gracious host and have several bottles of Benadryl handy.)

P.S. A piece of unsolicited advice? I would thoroughly check all the hidden corners of your laundry room for anything "left" behind by said kitten. Teeny kittens have teeny bladders. I'm just saying...

P.P.S. Ingrid has a theory that we will be judged by how we treat animals and small children. So you're golden, Doughty. Golden.

Lindy said...

You're a hero in the cat community. I'm 100% positive of it.