Monday, November 23, 2009

battery.

I've known our car battery was on its way out of this world for awhile, but it just wasn't on my priority list - until our car died this morning. Ug. We jumped it, and then I headed off to find some business that would replace it. Not how I wanted to spend my morning. I pulled in to our nearest Jiffy Lube. "We don't replace car batteries". Really? You're Jiffy Lube - you're existence is based on screwing people out of $$, and batteries aren't on your list? Those are expensive. Whatever.

So I returned to State street and saw a Pep Boys. Only 2 people in their lobby, and an open bay in their garage. Sweet.
"Hi, I need our car battery replaced - its over 4.5 years old, and corroded beyond belief. Let me know what brands you have to choose from when it comes time....."
  • 30 minutes later. Our car gets pulled into the open bay. Ok......
  • 1 hour later. Dude comes in "Yeah, so you're battery is dead, it needs to be replaced". What can I do to keep myself from punching this guy in the face?
  • 1.5 hours later. Dude gets battery I've selected and places it by our car.
  • 2 hours later. New battery installed, we're driving home.
2 hours.....2 HOURS to replace a battery. In that amount of time, I could have purchased my own, figured out how to install it, AND combed that poor girl's hideous bed hair that was waiting in the lobby next to us. So angry Pep Boys. So very angry. And its not even about inconveniencing me, you know who really suffers? ME! cause since today is shot, I have to go shopping tomorrow. That's one more day closer to Thanksgiving that I have to hall my pregnant self + toddler into the endless abyss that is any grocery store to finish our Thanksgiving shopping.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Pep Boys. PUNCH!

Jackie said...

I think it's safe to say Pep Boys doesn't like Thanksgiving dinner. Or pregnant women.

darcie said...

we just replaced ours. in another 4.5 years, auto zone told us what kind was best and installed it for free. auto zone has jacked our car in other ways but the battery experience was a swift and good one.