Thursday, November 19, 2009

lessons learned.

  • Potty training = hell, but with disinfecting wipes.
  • I usually dread calling any sort of government agency (DMV, Dept. of Commerce etc) due to past unnecessary grumpiness on the other end. However. If you start your conversation out with "I am a dummy...." you'll get a good laugh and seemingly more help.
  • I haven't read any of the Twilight series, and I don't really want to. But I feel left out of the party. There's nothing better than a midnight opening show with insane fans. I could see the movies without reading the books - I guess, but that seems so uncouth.
  • Is anyone else wondering if that meteor shower from the other night delivered a Godzilla to earth, and we're just a few days away from total destruction?
  • Trying to decide if wearing scrubs out of the house is worth it, if someone asks me what my occupation is. I could easily say "Doctor" but what do I do if they want more specifics?
  • Recently discovered "green bean casserole". A not so healthy but delicious concoction of green beans and cream of mushroom soup. Its 11:40 pm. What do you think my pregnant self is making? I blame Geergie.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

For the Doctor thing- just recite everything from the latest episode of Grey's anatomy.

And I too feel left out of the Twilight party. Wish I got that excited about something...

Jackie said...

Green been casserole?! At least you want something that's part vegetable. I mostly want things that are half sugar, half fat. It's really healthy.

Lindy said...

Well I gotta tell you I have read the Twilight series and if want to devote yourself to just one series, then stick with Harry Potter! Nothing can be Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Hagrid. Nothing.

Suzanne said...

But it so very much fun to make fun of Twilight. I'd recommend reading it just for this alone.

And do you put the crispy little French-fried onions on top of the green bean casserole?? Cause I could eat a whole pan of that RIGHT NOW. And I might...

Jen said...

Sarah! I just found your blog! You're pregnant?! Congratulations!!! I'll have to read (eavesdrop) more, but just thought I'd say hi! Congrats again! That's awesome!

SuburbanZoo said...

Tell people you're a "stay at home doctor."