Friday, January 29, 2010

lessons learned.

  • I hate hate HATE it when people don't follow general established, known to all the world protocol. You know like - don't cut in line. That sort of thing.
  • On average, I get up to use the restroom 5 times a night. 5 TIMES. And I still have a trimester to go.
  • I think my insurance agent might be a robot. No blinking, and talks in a high pitched voice. As if I'm a baby. All the time. Even on my message machine.
  • Spacebags = bags o' crap. You've been warned....
  • The inversion has been so bad, that I feel like my insides will explode if I breathe outside air. Maybe a SARS mask would help.....
  • Who else does the taxes in their family? I do. Which usually involves a few trips to SLC with kid in tow, and a bagillion hours of paperwork. I deserve whatever # of gold medals Michael Phelps got.

7 comments:

Sam and Terri said...

One peek at a public restroom is proof enough for me that people definitely need a quick tutorial on common courtesy. The more pregnant I get the more I realize I need to stay closer to home.

And you should probably drop PG off here to play on these awful trips to salt lake. I could use some good entertainment these days.

Suzanne said...

You are my hero, and I am singing Destiny Child's Independent Women in your honor.

My dad does our taxes. Always has, always will. Until the day he dies. And then I just won't file them anymore.

Anonymous said...

If I had to get up 5 times during the night to pee, I would seriously consider getting adult diapers. Think about it.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

SERIOUSLY!!? That sounds awful! Will you hate me if I tell you that I get up 0 times a night to go to the bathroom? That's right, 0! But that's only because I am carrying this freaking baby in my throat - so I don't know.... weigh it - peeing frequently or frequently can't breathe?? The joys of pregnancy right :)

whitney said...

i do the taxes in our family, but we basically have no assets which means good old turbo tax and i are best friends. easiest thing in the world. i'm sorry it sucks so for you... that's just waaaaaay too much work. gold medals for you indeed.

AnnaYoung said...

A few items >ahem<
1) Seriously Suz, I would totally agree with you on not filing if I didn't have my mom except I somehow manage to marry the only fighter pilot/tax geek IN THE WORLD! It's weird, but in "at least I don't have ot do it" good way.
2)The diaper thing is seriosuly not a bad idea. I am thinking about it KArene
3) I have to get up to pee AND let the dog out and if you think those EVER coincide you'd THINK WRONG!!! Why did we decide to have seconds?

Lindy said...

I do our taxes and I turbo tax it up! You know what bugs me? When people don't understand that the left lane is for people driving FASTER than people in the lanes to the right. It's a simple concept. Really.