Thursday, March 25, 2010

lessons learned.

  • There was a little girl at the park this week named "Elery". Elery - like Celery but without the C. I wonder if her parents ever described it like that, and then went, "Oh......"
  • We are now in charge of a cub scout group in our ward. Is there anyone or anything that has more energy than a group of 8 year old boys? It makes me tired just thinking about it.
  • Our toddler is now a bratty teenager. Here's a sampling - "Dad, stop whining", "Mom, calm down", "Get out of my way!", "No timeout, mommy timeout". Of course all of these result in immediate timeouts, whilst I try not to laugh.
  • 7 weeks left people. Does anyone else realize I will have 2 kids in 7 weeks? What. Were. We. Thinking? Apparently denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
  • Nana Doughty flies in today - I can't tell you how relieved I am. Maybe I'll get a shower and nap today. Here's hoping.
  • We grew up getting some candy in our Easter baskets, and a little present. Ex. A book, or some accessory to wear with our Easter outfits that Sunday to church. D thinks that's odd. I think its awesome.
  • D also thinks the concept of buying a life size cardboard cut out of someone from something tweeny like Twilight/Hannah Montana/Harry Potter and putting in one of our windows is odd and not at all hilarious. HOW could that not be funny?

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Wait, what if you bought Miley Cyrus AND Harry Potter, and had them holding hands or something in your window?

Surely he'd see the humor then, right? If not, then color me confused.

Kristina said...

There is a girl in our ward named Ellery. She spells it with 2 l's... But, I guess it doesn't matter.

I know what you mean - I have 8 weeks left. I dont know what im going to do with 2!!!

michelle said...

About Celery minus the C...

that's what I say about Aller. It's like Allen, except there's an R instead of an N.

And I totally think a cardboard cutout is funny. It would be even funnier in SF. Hmmm.

Suzanne said...

I read this as Shane is watching Twilight during our free weekend of Showtime. (Yes, Shane, and yes, that is as hysterical as it sounds.)

And I have to agree. A cardboard cutout of dreamy Edward in your living room window to keep an eye on the neighborhood would pretty much be awesomely funny. DO. IT.

Anonymous said...

This must mean that Dave is finally growing. up. That's kinda sad :(

AnnaYoung said...

we used to get a lot of videos in our easter baskets. and hair accessories (which was really odd becuase none of us ever EVER did our hair).

Also, a baby in our ward is named Elody. Like Melody but without the M. Are people just getting lazier?

Jaci said...

So yesterday in church the youth speaker had kinda wild hair (looked like he just walked thru a tornado) and the first thing he says is " hey ladies you can all thank me for my hair today... I know I look like Edward Cullen"
now that was odd AND super funny.

Lindy said...

Well my kids vames are Ucy and Atthew. Do you have a problem with that? Also, the only thing funnier than a cardboard cutout is a giant Martinellis.

Cheeler said...

Several days after reading your post, I'm still cracking up about "Elery," and imagining Dave standing in the window next to a giant cardboard cut out of Hermione, smiling with that evil, evil grin of his.

Hilar.