Thursday, March 4, 2010

strange little man.

PG has started to develop some strange habits. I could chalk it up to being a toddler, but sometimes I wonder.
  • Pool routine: He used to jump from the side to me, then we'd "swim" back and I'd place him on the side, and he'd jump in again. Now, I hoist him to the side of the pool, he runs to the wall (its an indoor pool), he "scrubs" (best word to describe it) a blue stripe and a green stripe that's painted on the wall with his hands, touches a pipe and spout on said wall, walks back to the edge of the pool, "washes" his hands in the water, and then is ready to jump to me. Jig.....ga.....what.....is.....that?
  • Fake sleeping: All the time! Especially when its time to get out of the car, or if he doesn't want to do something I've asked him to. Most of the time its random. Complete with snoring.
  • Pretending to be stuck, when clearly he isn't: For example, sticking his hand under a pillow and saying "Mom. I'm stuck!"
  • Eating with his eyes shut: Head up, eyes closed, mouth wide open - chomping on food. I usually end up feeding him with a spoon due to lack of patience (we call it the "baby bird").
  • Bobble head: sometimes he shuffles his feet (whilst taking ity-bity steps) and bobbles his head back and forth instead of using a normal mode of transportation - such as walking.
  • Bedtime: Sometimes he goes to bed just fine. Other times I find all of the towels from the linen closet piled around him on his bed. My favorite is finding all of his toy cars lined up in a row at the foot of his bed, and all of his tools arranged like a completed puzzle on his pillow.
Since he knows when we're taping him - its hard to get any of the above on film. Below are 2 very short clips. The best I could do......(and its been months of trying).

Fake Sleeping - there's snoring if you listen closely.

Baby bird - not the best, he opens his eyes. Usually its 5 straight minutes of me feeding him with his eyes shut.

5 comments:

MrsT said...

PG and Chris are clearly related... Chris had done all those same things. Weird right?

Jackie said...

Why must we live so far apart?

Jaci said...

that pool move sounds like OCD! hahaha

Anonymous said...

ha ha...we need to see the little dude again soon!

Suzanne said...

I was just telling Shane the other day how if full-grown adults acted like babies and toddlers, they would be arrested and quite possibly committed.

Do it while you can still get away with it, PG.