Dave's sweet, sweet grandmother passed away last week. We are headed to the viewing/funeral tomorrow. I didn't know her very well, but I've heard nothing but good things. Shortly after I married into the family, she suffered a stroke (I've also been told a few strokes, there's still some debate), and lost the ability to speak (basically, communicate all together, eventhough mentally she was all there - how frustrating). I can honestly say I can't even remember the sound of her voice. Poor thing. I know she will be missed, but at the same time I can't help but think how happy she must be to be free of her physical limitations and be reunited with loved ones that have already passed on.
I can also honestly say that when my grandmother passed away I was devastated. I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't thought about her. My condolences go out to the Aller family.
Here's to awesome grandmothers! Lets hope I can be the sweet kind when I grow old, instead of the kind my grandkids are terrified of.......
2 comments:
Sad face. I'm so sorry to hear that. Nice-non-mean grandmas are the best.
So sorry to hear about your Grandma, Dave. I agree with Jack--nice-non-mean grandmas rule.
Post a Comment